How to project manage a reno while working full time?

Jacque - thanks for the reassurance, much needed! Our broker echoed your comments this morning so we've relaxed a bit.

The pest and building inspection has also just come back surprisingly well for a house that's probably around 90 years old - so no major dramas that need to be dealt with..

Breathing a little bit easier at the moment!

The next hurdle will be lining up the tradies to get the tarting-up happening as soon as we settle.

Beachgurl - I'll have a chat with some of the local agents - we'll need to find one to property manage once the work is complete so it wouldn't hurt to ask if they can help during the reno

No shortage of tradies in the Auburn area,but if you're still having trouble finding any i can help you out with painting,concreting and tiling.

In the past I have renovated two properties (due to tenants trashing the places). The properties are in Brisbane area and I live in Sydney. So interesting times.

I have been lucking in finding a great handy man but also one that was happy to help get quotes for the work and kept an eye on the tradies to ensure the work was done properly.

I have now been dealing with Hire a Hubby in Beenleigh for several years and would recommend trying to find one local to you. I have also had a time to use one here in Penrith and again the service is excellent. I can also recommend the staff at their head office in Sydney as they have also been very helpful.

Good luck
Jacaranda

Back