How to save useful threads or posts

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by sammmeee, 21st Jun, 2014.

1. sammmeee

sammmeee Bring it!

Just wondering how you can save threads or posts that you may need tor refer to regularly or want to keep.

Is there an easy way other than email to yourself

2. datto

datto Member

Media:
    sydney, westie - middle class bogan (MCB)
    copy and paste

3. Mr. Fabulous

Mr. Fabulous Thought Criminal

Right click on thread title --> Open in new tab --> bookmark the page.

Or you can use FVD, which is what I use. FVD has replaced my bookmarks, it's fantastic.

If you use Firefox, use this link to download. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/fvd-speed-dial/?src=search

You can set up a tab called 'Somersoft Threads' and put all your favourite threads in there.

4. devank

devank Why why why?

You can Subscribe to it.

5. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Finance broker/strategist

Media:
    Look under the 'Thread Tools" above. You can subscribe to a thread and retrieve it from your account, or email and print.

6. ChrisA1

ChrisA1 Member

I have subscribed to 149 threads this way! By subscribing to a thread, you continue to get emails as new posts are added (just make sure you go through the whole process by clicking on the 'subscribe' button on the second page - I was hasty a few times and missed the second page, which didn't confirm my subscription).

Cheers,

7. Bantam Roosta

Bantam Roosta Member

Media:
    Bookmarking the page is definitely the best option, because you can name the bookmark whatever you want, so the reason you are keeping it is maintained.

Sometimes, some of the info you want is not actually related to the original post name, which is what shows on your list of subscribed threads. eg. Thread is called 'Help me', but when you bookmark it, you call it 'Conducting Due Diligence (read from page 4)' or something.

BR

8. sammmeee

sammmeee Bring it!

Thankyou will subscribe

9. DontSailBackwds

DontSailBackwds Numbat

Pinboard

Other ways to save web pages include InstaPaper, EverNote and my fav: https://pinboard.in. The paid accounts save the web page, you can search it, tag it, add notes etc.

10. z611143

z611143 Member

Its alot of different emails from different threads your receiving though if you want to follow a few. Most can understand how pretty well clogged up and lost emails can get with scams plus all the other people wanting to tell you about their business/company and whats going on.

On other forums. You can simply click a button to 'Follow' a thread that you are interested in and post from this thread at any time or any replies will come up as an alert - which shows you are yet to view that page.