How would you spend the $42b?

what's wrong with a new Ipod phone for everyone? Don't understand how it could be spent better than that.... fill the retailers till, employe all those shop assistants and delivery people, collect 10% GST back,... um, can't think of much else

Here is how I would like to see the $900/$950 distributed to those eligible:

The money is earned by doing volunteer work for the community, cleaning our highways of rubbish, planting trees, assisting with infrastructure projects, specifically volunteering in your line of work, working to help the needy/homeless/elderly. Obviously some of the volunteers would need to be in charge of monitoring the group doing the volunteer work.

$900 is allocated to each eligible person provided that they do 18 hours of volunteer/community work. At $50 hour (tax free) there will be plenty of people motivated enough to do the work, so everyone benefits. With approximately 12.5 million payments (?) that would create over 200 million hours towards making this country a better place.

For those that weren't interested in working for the payment they could either donate the money to an Australian charity working on Australian causes or donate the money back into the pool for other people to earn it doing extra volunteer hours.

That really is a good idea....I like it. You'd probably find a lot of people wouldn't participate though. But that might provide an opportunity for some to receive more than $900. The money is designed to get into the system and be spend, so it really doesn't matter who it goes to.

Here is how I would like to see the $900/$950 distributed to those eligible:

The money is earned by doing volunteer work for the community, cleaning our highways of rubbish, planting trees, assisting with infrastructure projects, specifically volunteering in your line of work, working to help the needy/homeless/elderly. Obviously some of the volunteers would need to be in charge of monitoring the group doing the volunteer work.

$900 is allocated to each eligible person provided that they do 18 hours of volunteer/community work. At $50 hour (tax free) there will be plenty of people motivated enough to do the work, so everyone benefits. With approximately 12.5 million payments (?) that would create over 200 million hours towards making this country a better place.

For those that weren't interested in working for the payment they could either donate the money to an Australian charity working on Australian causes or donate the money back into the pool for other people to earn it doing extra volunteer hours.

This is the best idea I've heard for the money yet, but if you give people a choice, I think most would rather 'free' money, no matter what the hourly rate or how easy the work.

So, in that case, you might need to offer a financial incentive... give them a choice of say $300-400 'free' money or community work for $950.

Then, you'll have all those that can't work (or are just too lazy) saying it's all so unfair how come I only get $300 not $950.

There are so many things that could be done around the place by 'unskilled' labour, like clearing rubbish as you mention, and gardening projects.

-Ian

HOSPITALS, HOSPITALS,

Small Business Incentives- 5%GST would be good. No Payroll tax.....

Employment Incentives - such as salary provisions.

Building Incentives...big and small- Especially in NSW....Development costs are out of hand and out of control. Give developers a reason to build.

Air-conditioning in schools. Forget the stupid computers unless it's 30 per school. The schools get the computers but they can't afford the wiring and setup costs. Stupid, ridiculous, wasteful or not Rudd likes to keep his promises.

Last but not least...something for me/us: NO STAMP DUTY for 6 months! Talk about a boom!:D

Regards JO

Back