• SHEET01.pdf
    186 KB · Views: 535
  • SHEET02.pdf
    68.7 KB · Views: 327
  • SHEET03.pdf
    424.7 KB · Views: 289
How to get this through council?

Hi Aaron,

For a development like this that isn't even close to what the zoning rules say for site coverage (and likely setbacks also), what is the secret to successfully getting a DA? It seems like a license to print money if you know how to work this system.

Thanks,
Matt

Very Nice Aaron! I'd love to do something like that. I need to be in the area to get my daughter into Mt Lawley High in 2013. Will be watching with interest!!

Hi Aaron,

For a development like this that isn't even close to what the zoning rules say for site coverage (and likely setbacks also), what is the secret to successfully getting a DA? It seems like a license to print money if you know how to work this system.

Thanks,
Matt

setbacks are perfect.

density is ambiguous because it's next to commercial.

you need to understand the intent behind the town planning schemes - that's the secret.

unfortunately, most people don't.

I presume if you are beside commercial, you can justify less windows and light in resi.

Depends on the orientation of the block. But any architect worth his salt knows that light must be maximised in any building in order for the development to sell well. Windows facing north - or alternatively, lightwells throughout the building to redirect light into the apartments.

Having said that though, in 'off the plan' sales you might get away with it since no one can actually see the building until it's built. So if it saves you money not to do these kind of things, then I suppose it's OK to leave it out.

I presume if you are beside commercial, you can justify less windows and light in resi.

what? BCA states minimums for light and ventilation - it's not a planning issue at all.....?

the site is orientated to capitalise on the city views.

we don't need "North sun" when North of the 33rd parallel. the issue in Perth is keeping the heat OUT, not getting it in for those 6 weeks of the year when we have to wear a singlet under our cardigans.

Back