How's this for an idea?

Stumbled upon this some time ago and was recently reminded about it. Thoughts anyone??

How to fix Australia’s economy....
Is we agree there are about 10 million people over 50 in Australia's work force...

Pay them $1 million each severance for early retirement with the following stipulations:
They MUST retire. Ten million job openings - unemployment fixed
They MUST buy a new Australian car. Ten million cars ordered - Car Industry fixed
They MUST either buy a house or pay off their mortgage - Housing Crisis fixed
They MUST send their kids to college/university/defence academy - Crime rate fixed

Stumbled upon this some time ago and was recently reminded about it. Thoughts anyone??

Is we agree there are about 10 million people over 50 in Australia's work force...

Pay them $1 million each severance for early retirement with the following stipulations:
They MUST buy a new Australian car. Ten million cars ordered - Car Industry fixed
They MUST send their kids to college/university/defence academy - Crime rate fixed

Where are you going to find the funds to supply 10 million people with 1 million each? 1 mil doesn't go far these days either... After they retire the economy collapses. Revenue in the toilet, productive skill sets going to waste.

What if you don't want an Australian car? Holdens would have a hernia trying to get productive up to that pace for such a short time, then lay off the staff after the peak is reached!

Nothing wrong with buying house/ paying mortgage. Would cause a bubble with such high demand in a short time frame however.

We've already got 'free' uni, not seeing lower socio economic demographics signing up enough. And do you really want to over burden the education sector with people who don't want to be there JUST because they have to?

Do you REALLY think this would be a good thing?

Why don't you come up with some good policy examples which would fix the issues you have with the economy, services etc.?

Put it a slightly different way:

• You must retire as part of a State Retirement policy
  • The State gives you a locally produced car (may not give you fuel)
  • The State gives you a house (in a development of their choice - but brand new to prop up building and RE industry)
  • Your kids are conscripted to mandatory service

Starting to sound like some places I've heard of....

The Y-man

welcome to somersoft, hugo chavez.

how's venezuela doing?

there is already a labour shortage and high wages ands expenses are stuffing the economy. Will excasabating that help? 10 million plus migrants would be needed as replacements tha massive expenditure need in infrastructer would break the country. Weasil did any-one ever tell you think before you speak.

Weasil did any-one ever tell you think before you speak.

You may want to re-think your post...as we communicate here via written text..rather than spoken language ;)

Regardless, I have at no time stated this is my idea or expressed a view on if it has merit or not. i"m still weighing up the pros and cons, so to speak ;)

You may want to re-think your post...as we communicate here via written text..rather than spoken language ;)

Regardless, I have at no time stated this is my idea or expressed a view on if it has merit or not. i"m still weighing up the pros and cons, so to speak ;)

Don't get toooo discouraged, the whole point of this place is to kick around ideas.:)

Back