Hows your investing going?

Hi all!

It's been a while since I've posted, and I hope you're all well.
I thought I'd post some of my own plans for 2011 to get the thread rolling (so-to-speak)

Well 2011, and half of 2010 come to think of it has been quite boring really, but in a positive way. I'm finding it difficult to get finance approved in my name only so will eventually look into buying with my lovely new wife, as she has no debts and a good job so we will continue to build the portfolio with a dual income into the future wich is good.

I've been sitting on my hands building up equity and hence dropping LVR because we plan on doing the big trip around Australia sometime later this year 0r next, we're not really sure when but it's in the works and we don't wish to work during our travels so the portfolio will provide that for us.

The portfolio has been performing quite well as usual, did a couple of renovations on interstate properties (bathrooms) which didn't really do much for rental return but they needed them and capital has grown as a result which is my main priority.

Apart from that I'm pretty well just watching the portfolio grow, as thats all I need to do for now, although it is a bit boring.

So how are you all going!?

Properties have been fine, had a tenant default, taken to tribunal, kicked out via sherriff not as bad as i thought... gotta big cash buffer now so not worrying. Claim insurance all done.

Did some shares which was good, made some profit but out of the game for now.

Trying to think what my approach is going to be for the future, goals and how to get their.... will post more later

Signed up 3 tenants for my 3 Ip's last October, last week and today.

Not planning much more on that front

Hoping that share portfolio might give some opportunities for growth, but I probably gotta pull my finger out and do some learning.

Last edited:
Hi all!

It's been a while since I've posted, and I hope you're all well.
I thought I'd post some of my own plans for 2011 to get the thread rolling (so-to-speak)

Well 2011, and half of 2010 come to think of it has been quite boring really, but in a positive way. I'm finding it difficult to get finance approved in my name only so will eventually look into buying with my lovely new wife, as she has no debts and a good job so we will continue to build the portfolio with a dual income into the future wich is good.

I've been sitting on my hands building up equity and hence dropping LVR because we plan on doing the big trip around Australia sometime later this year 0r next, we're not really sure when but it's in the works and we don't wish to work during our travels so the portfolio will provide that for us.

The portfolio has been performing quite well as usual, did a couple of renovations on interstate properties (bathrooms) which didn't really do much for rental return but they needed them and capital has grown as a result which is my main priority.

Apart from that I'm pretty well just watching the portfolio grow, as thats all I need to do for now, although it is a bit boring.

So how are you all going!?

Nice to have you back and catch up, glad things are going well and congratulations on your marriage.

From memory since you dropped in last, I have another 4 purchases involving (13 blocks of) land and a house construction, just concentrating on building the portfolio and snagging as many good deals as I can. So far, so good.

Life is nice. :)

Back