hucorp

Hi

I have just been invited to attend a presentation by Hucorp Realty Pty Ltd while I am staying at the Gold Coast (they optained my contact details through my accommadation booking). The carrot they dangle is a 14 night holiday certificate valued at $750.00. Naturally, I am sceptical.

I was wondering if anybody has heard of this company or been to one of their presentations. The invitation did not include any details and the phone call I received was vague.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Simon H

Dear Simon,

There is no such thing as a free lunch in this world.

Would be sceptical as well, and as Ben mentioned there are certainly issues of privacy invasion.

Having said that the issue however is: 1) Do you have enough self-discipline to avoid heavy pressure selling tactics (In a easy going holiday mode.) 2) What is your time worth relevant to how long it will take and will it hassle your holiday and 3) What do you have to sign and commit to in order to get this freebie?

Checked the ASIC site and nothing out of the ordinary on the company. Basic listing as follows.

Name HUCORP REALTY PTY LTD
ACN 090 714 542

ABN 14 090 714 542

Type Australian Proprietary Company, Limited By Shares
Registration Date 29/11/1999
Status Registered
Locality of Registered Office Brisbane QLD 4000
Jurisdiction Australian Securities & Investments Commission

No other info.

If you take the bait let us know how you go.

Cheers,

Sunstone.

Simon,

There's been so many stories from so many people about heavy handed marketing for the Gold Coast that I'd be extremely sceptical. I'm not saying that this group are included- but I would be careful- even to the point of avoiding anyone marketing there.

There's people I know who have been sold units for many thousands (even tens of thousands) above market value- and they are stuck with them.

If you do go there, as Sunstone said, be prepared for some very persuacive arguments. Perhaps better if you dont go.

If you're new to property investing, hang around here for a while first, and get some ideas from people. Buy some books (especially from Jan Somers).

You can probably do better than a marketed property with carrots dangling- no matter how reputable the company is.

Simon,
"they approached u thru the accom booking"????
Dust them, enjoy your holiday. Have fun, do the theme parks or beaches or shopping or whatever. Don't waste your holiday time. If while you visit, you think of investment possibilities, research, go home, think about it some , research, think about it some more, research.
If you really want to invest, there still are some great opportunities in the SEQ area, Gold Coast, Brisbane & Sunshine Coast still offer good deals if you look for them.
Most time is, if you look for them, not if the concierge recommends them
craig

Thanks to all.

I was just curious to see if anyone had any knowledge of Hucorp PTY LTD. My time is better spent elsewhere by the sound of it.

I have IPs in the Sydney/Wollongong areas. Yes, I do have all Jan's books (read several times) and lots more by other authors and have paid special attention to Tim O'Dwyers articles in API magazine.

My wife and I plan to enjoy ourselves on the Gold Coast and perhaps do a recon while we are there.

Thanks again for reminding me there is no such thing as a free lunch (or a 14 day free accomodation voucher).

Regards
Simon H

Back