I am new here hi everyone

Hello and welcome.

There is A LOT of info here and 95% of the time the questions you might have have been answered before. The only advice I can offer is to have a search for the info you need before you post. Good luck!

Hello and welcome.

There is A LOT of info here and 95% of the time the questions you might have have been answered before. The only advice I can offer is to have a search for the info you need before you post. Good luck!

And don't try and use the fairly poor forum search. Use google with this type of format:
"your search terms" site:somersoft.com (without the "" quotes)

Thanks to Propertunity for this tip.

Just wanted to say hi and wondering if anyone has any advice before i post stuff?

Accept the fact that like most forums, there are a bunch of decent, knowledgeable people here, and the odd nutcase. The nutters tend to be most active at night.

Just wanted to say hi and wondering if anyone has any advice before i post stuff?

presuming you're new to property investing.....

are you asking what questions to ask / what do you need to learn? as electro said it's probably all covered somewhere here, don't let that stop you asking if you can't find it.

sales contracts, special clauses, building and pest inspections
legals
rent contracts
finance, lmi, fixed vs variable
income tax, depreciation, CGT,
area to buy in, reasons, areas not to buy in
where we are in the cycle, more correctly where is your area in the cycle
yield
holding costs
unit vs house
new vs old
insurance - building, LLs, Income protection, TPD
property management
negotiating with agents
offers
state based differences in sales and renting regulations or norms
renovations
maintenance
the list goes on....

my advice...
spend as much time researching the rental market as the sales market. once you've settled on area and are ready to buy you should be able to walk into a sales OFI and know +/- $20 what it will rent for, what features will get you more rent etc.

And don't try and use the fairly poor forum search. Use google with this type of format:
"your search terms" site:somersoft.com (without the "" quotes)

Thanks to Propertunity for this tip.

I wish I had seen this tip a few weeks ago when I was looking for info :( should be in the faq :p

Don't be afraid to ask! I can assure you that no matter what question you come up with it definately won't be the most bizarre!

Welcome and well-said, Zap. Now have some fun and post to your heart's content. If you're not anti-property investing you'll only get love and support from me!

Back