I Just Love Buying Property!! I Wish I Could Buy 1 IP Every Month!

Just settled on my 3rd IP in late August & went out & bought another 3 cheap IPs 2 weeks ago (awaiting settlement) & I just love it!! Love the thought of snapping up a bargain - I guess for me it's the thrill of the chase. I feel a bit like Brenda Irwin albeit on a much smaller scale who said I buy houses instead of shoes. And now I'm constantly (make that everyday) on the lookout for the next purchase...it's a bit too addictive. I only wish I had more money to purchase the current bargains I'm looking at now, but can't afford to snap them up.

I only wish I had more money to purchase the current bargains I'm looking at now, but can't afford to snap them up.

Good one mate, but what do you believe is a bargain?
A property which is less expensive than last year?
Can you give us some examples of purchasing prices and rents?

Can I search ALL suburbs?

My son is talking of buying a house to live in, and get in a friend to help with the cost.

I have done a lot of searching but wonder if there is a way of searching for a particular type of property in several areas WITHOUT having to actually type in a suburb.

Because he is flexible in where he lives radius-wise I would have to set up so many searches, which I have done, but I'm sure there are plenty of suburbs I have missed.

Is there an easy way, or must I type in every suburb within a certain radius? (I suppose I could type in every third suburb and tick the "include surrounding suburbs" box.)

There aren't that many bargains out there.

I bought one in 2008 and haven't seen anything even remotely close to that since. I'm eyeing off something that would turn a good profit, but I wouldn't call it a 'bargain'. Its pretty much on market value, just has good development potential. We get predominantly OOs out here so good development sites can sit a phenomenal length of time before they sell - they are usually not very appealing to OOs.

Good one mate, but what do you believe is a bargain?
A property which is less expensive than last year?
Can you give us some examples of purchasing prices and rents?

I'll reveal full details of all 3 once they settle, but one unit was for sale at $160,000 & I paid $112,000 - returns $200pw. I guess a bargain is something which is bought at 20-30% + under market

Great stuff Big Col, happy for you, ( a threesome!).

I love the game too, (love what I do and doing what I love). It is indeed a lot of fun. :) :D

Is there an easy way, or must I type in every suburb within a certain radius? (I suppose I could type in every third suburb and tick the "include surrounding suburbs" box.)

Rather then type the name of the burbs, you can use post codes separated by semi colons.

You can use this xls to help generate a sequential list of post codes, then manually delete the ones you don't want, then paste into rea.com.

The maximum number of post codes that rea.com seems to cope with stably is around 60, though has accepted up to 100 from time to time.

You may get a warning that "We could not understand the locations 4000,......Below are results for 4000,4005......"

It's the best way I know how to search a large selected region.
Bookmark the search after you have run it.

Thanks WW. I have a dozen searches set up, but they overlap each other a fair bit. I'll give the postcode a try.

Thanks especially for the link so I can do it easily :).

Back