I made $3000 today..ask me how

I spent money refinancing from westpac 4.96 to Macquarie 4.84 and now banks are just giving that away. i feel stupid. what rate should i ask Macquarie to match?

Depends on the LVR and amount. 4.84% is fairly reasonable but there may be better deals out there. I probably wouldn't recommend moving lenders for a mere 0.12% though.

I spent money refinancing from westpac 4.96 to Macquarie 4.84 and now banks are just giving that away. i feel stupid. what rate should i ask Macquarie to match?

must have been a good size loan to make the 12 pts worth it

heretic are doing 1 year fixed at 3.99

ta
rolf

We have a CBA loan, not through a broker. If we want to put pressure on for a better rate do we go to our local branch or put the question to someone in head office?

Edit. Just realised we dealt with someone in a "hub" when we needed to rearrange things with this loan recently. Will go back to him.

Seriously why even mention this product?

because it focusses on immediate price, not functionality, value or post settlement consequences.

There will be those who will always go for the headline rate.

BTW, we do 1 to 4 Heritage loans a year for one or 2 of their particular niches, and then reluctantly

ta
rolf

I'm surprised WBC wouldn't simply match that by threatening to leave.

How large is the loan? It would take quite some time to make the refi fees back in lower interest repayments.

Cheers

Jamie

because it focusses on immediate price, not functionality, value or post settlement consequences.

There will be those who will always go for the headline rate.

BTW, we do 1 to 4 Heritage loans a year for one or 2 of their particular niches, and then reluctantly

ta
rolf

Cmon Rolf
All that stuff may as well be in Italian if talking to a banker

I'm surprised WBC wouldn't simply match that by threatening to leave.

How large is the loan? It would take quite some time to make the refi fees back in lower interest repayments.

Cheers

Jamie

They wouldn't match it at the of starting the refinance, now they would! It will take me 6 months to see any benefit but it also meant I could get continuing free financial planning from my planner (who got the commission). To be honest, he didn't outline that there WAS any fee to refinance (made it sound like most things are done free via their relationship with Macquarie). I should have asked more questions clearly! I normally do.

Back