I won an Art Union block of flats

Sell it for 4 mil amd use that as a 20% deposit on 20 mil worth of places :p

On a more serious note, why not sit on the 100k net rent amd go retire. Its what many of us were aiming for anyway right?

Sell it for 4 mil amd use that as a 20% deposit on 20 mil worth of places :p

On a more serious note, why not sit on the 100k net rent amd go retire. Its what many of us were aiming for anyway right?

There's one thing I've learnt from people who made the dosh to retire early.

Retirement... It's a nice idea, yet terrible in reality :p

Just do what you love, and do it now!

There's one thing I've learnt from people who made the dosh to retire early.

Retirement... It's a nice idea, yet terrible in reality :p

Just do what you love, and do it now!

I think the idea of retirement is different from do nothing - rather means, do what I want, when I want without worrying about the money aspect too much.

I once worked with a guy who went on to win a house and Mercedes in one of these big charity raffles.

I'm sure it's all above board and monitored very closely.

Am tempted to buy a ticket and will read the web page in detail later - Can anyone vouch for this draw?

the odds looked ok at 1 in ~1.2 million compared with traditional lotto and it would meet my goal of being able to retire should I choose to.

Am tempted to buy a ticket and will read the web page in detail later - Can anyone vouch for this draw?

the odds looked ok at 1 in ~1.2 million compared with traditional lotto and it would meet my goal of being able to retire should I choose to.

Don't buy the ticket.

I prefer less competition :D

Odds are way better than Lotto and the like....so we will buy some tickets just for the hell.
Cheers

Really?

Boystown - $15 ticket gives you a 1/375,000 chance of winning

Lotto - $15 would get you about 24 games in lotto? A single game is about 1/8million chance so if you spent the same money your odds become 1/333,333

I don't play either, so could be totally missing something here. :)

Good luck to those who play though, it's a bit of harmless fun.

I can vouch for the competition. Have been entering it for about a year now. A guy in my organisation won a house, and it was reported throughout our organisation. So must be legit.

Also, its a good charity.

Do those Art Union winners even exist?

Ha,i'm actually a sceptic when it comes to these draws and ponder the same thing myself.

Better just to buy some tickets and not expect to win if it's going towards a good cause.

Well,that's my approach anyway.

Cheers Spades.

Really?

Boystown - $15 ticket gives you a 1/375,000 chance of winning

Lotto - $15 would get you about 24 games in lotto? A single game is about 1/8million chance so if you spent the same money your odds become 1/333,333

I don't play either, so could be totally missing something here. :)

Good luck to those who play though, it's a bit of harmless fun.

This is not how odds work.

Boystown is over a million tickets so the odds are 1 in a million or whatever. If you buy 20 tickets the odds are 20 in a million. Not divide the million by 20.

In the case of lotto same thing multiple tickets, say 24 is 24 chances out of 8 million possibilities. Further it may not have a winner or have multiple winners so reduces the payout.

Thus the risk to reward is better for the boystown than lotto.

Cheers

Back