I won an Art Union block of flats

Ha,i'm actually a sceptic when it comes to these draws and ponder the same thing myself.

A woman I worked with had a relatives that won a house on the gold coast.

Also there was an episode some time ago on Hot Property with a young couple auctioning their inner sydney terrace they won.

Thats interesting Handyandy. Coz doesn't it state on lotto website that a quick pick is actually 8 million divided by 24? Could you explain the difference between dividing by 24 and 24 out of 8 million

Thats interesting Handyandy. Coz doesn't it state on lotto website that a quick pick is actually 8 million divided by 24? Could you explain the difference between dividing by 24 and 24 out of 8 million

You will need to post the link you are referring to.

The terminology is that you have 24 chances to win. A win is 1:8 mil. The fact that you have 24 chances does not change the fact that any one of these tickets has a 1:8 Mil chance of winning.

You will need to post the link you are referring to.

The terminology is that you have 24 chances to win. A win is 1:8 mil. The fact that you have 24 chances does not change the fact that any one of these tickets has a 1:8 Mil chance of winning.

Never taken a stats class? If a ticket has multiple entries that divides up the odds. Eg 10 in 5mil is same as 1 in 500k

Put another way, why would you buy a 20 game ticket ovet a 10 game ticket?

Dtraeger, would you please clarify your statement to me with the completion of the following:

Consider the following games of chance, one with a coin and one with a 20 sided dice.

Flipping a 2 sided coin once gives you a ??% chance to land a on head. (Please complete)

Rolling a 20 sided dice 10 times gives you a ??% chance to roll a 1. (Please complete)

In your example below you stated that the odds should be the same?

Your maths assistance is appreciated :eek:

Dtraeger, would you please clarify your statement to me with the completion of the following:

Consider the following games of chance, one with a coin and one with a 20 sided dice.

Flipping a 2 sided coin once gives you a ??% chance to land a on head. (Please complete)

Rolling a 20 sided dice 10 times gives you a ??% chance to roll a 1. (Please complete)

In your example below you stated that the odds should be the same?

Your maths assistance is appreciated :eek:

50%
5%

Those questions have nothing at all to do with my post. Please provide me the relevance.

Many times a lottery is won by someone who bought a single entry. I like to think that if you are meant to win, then you will win, no matter how many times you enter.

If you have a lottery with a 10 million to one chance, and you spend 10 times as much on tickets, the odds are still a million to one.

This might upset the statisticians, but I see people at the newsagent every week, spending $100 on tickets, thinking that actually makes a difference.

..just a thought..

Many times a lottery is won by someone who bought a single entry. I like to think that if you are meant to win, then you will win, no matter how many times you enter.

If you have a lottery with a 10 million to one chance, and you spend 10 times as much on tickets, the odds are still a million to one.

This might upset the statisticians, but I see people at the newsagent every week, spending $100 on tickets, thinking that actually makes a difference.

..just a thought..

Im a fan of stats for the same reason im a fan of atheism, ie things that can be proven with solid facts.

Therefore your statement is just how you feel. Which is fine. Im not going to question that :)

..just a thought..

It's not the amount of $ you spend it's the amount of animals you sacrafice to the gods - everyone knows that :rolleyes:

Back