Ideal Investment for Avid Collector ...

Kristine.. said:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31261&item=4549196331&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Well, I guess if you lived in the Southern Republic of Outer Transylvania a Melbourne parking ticket would be a status symbol!

Yes, it is being sold by one of my Daughter's innovative and entrepreneurial mates.

It will be interesting to see if she actually gets any bids!

Needless to say, we fell about laughing, so I hope you enjoy the joke, too!
Kristine I would wager that a bidder is much more likely to be male than from any foreign country in particular :)

That's funny! :D

Ridiculous, but funny... :p

I don't expect any bids, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was one... I mean, eBay is the same place that sold Pope Benedict's old car he never drove, for over 100,000 pounds, a toasted sandwich with the shape of the Virgin Mary on it, etc...

Hi Guys,
my wife signed up to ebay 2 days ago for a look see. She bid on 3 things she liked, one was for me and she knew that I would despratley want. But alas she got out bid in the last few minutes.
We used to go to our local markets and sell the fruits of our hobbies, my wife is into home made soap and I into woodwork. We used to do very well at the markets but working fulltime and trying to keep stock of what you make up to sell at the markets in your spare time started to wear me out and I said no more. "It was no longer fun but a chore". I made wooden toys ranging from trains, cars tables chairs right up to fully hand carved rocking horses which I sell for $1300.00 ea. Had a demand for all this stuff but it became too much I even had a guy working for me in my garage.

So now I have a house full of stuff and she is going to give ebay a go. So Kristine if there is success in selling a parking ticket my wife might be able to sell her soap and my tables, chairs, trains, planes, laundry trollies, clothes hoists, cradles, cots,cars,irons,ironing boards,sinks,stoves,hutches, OHHH!!! Rocking Horses. LOl

Regards
John

I'd buy it, if she buys my $66 ACT ticket.

For the first time ever, I saw a car in the local supermarket last night being booked for parking incorrectly in the disabled zone. Yay!

I remember Steady Eddie saying that people parking in "his" parking area doesn't bother him. He just parks in "their" area.

Hehe Geofw,
after re reading my post, sort of sounds like I had put myself up for auction. LOL, but then there is not enough money in the world for me!!! "I have tickets on myself " lol that's the positive attitude at work. Between you and me my wife thinks that I am the best thing that has ever happened to her!!!

I went fishing the last long weekend 3 days away, she had to stay back and work all weekend, well when I got back I was not even out of the car and she came racing out all hugs and kisses, you would think that I was away years not 3 days. The next week was bliss for her as I cooked all week " 33kg of fish" she did not have to cook once in 7 days. So I don't think she would ever put me up for auction. Then I would never put her up for auction either.

Just remembered had put my hair up for auction once to raise money for a sick friend who needed an operation. all my staff bid raised over $700 and the union rep won of all people, she had to shave my head, but it was worth it.

John

Brizzy Boyyou make me laugh. Your positive spirit jumps off the page(post).

My husband is a fisho too. I love it when he strolls home in the evening with a heavy bag of fish because he has perfected cooking them, it is his specialty. The kids, friends and neighbours almost queue up for a feed. And I'm in heaven - no cooking.

Hail to the fishos of the world.

Cheerio Bawley

Hey Bawley,
Sunday was mother's Day, had the inlaws over plus all the kids (6 plus their better halves and grandkids), picture this!!
We never deep fry as we are a bit of health nut's, but whilst away fishing up north staying at my sister's place who by the way is a brilliant cook, gave me a recipe for batter. "Man what a Batter!" so I had to deep fry, my wife cracked when I emptied 4lts of extra virgin olive oil into an electric wok, LOL.
I had cut up into 50cm cubes a 15kgs of tuna fillets, battered and deep fried, place on the table in a huge bowl or should I say basin as finger food, whilst I went outside in the rain but under cover to BBQ, onion,steak and sausages etc. When I came back into the house all the "FISH" was gone and every one was asking me for the batter recipe, HELL what about the fish for me!!!! LOL

Regards
John

Woo-hoo

I notice that there has been one bid for the ticket!

What a great conversation piece, we have had numerous spirited conversations this week regarding the promotion of this ticket, given us lots of laughs!

And the hits are up to 169.

There really is a market for pre-loved Parking Tickets!

Cheers

Kristine

Back