I'm a Mortgage Broker! MoneyHeroJO

Hi all,

I now have a new job: Mortgage Broker.

After sourcing many of my loans, re-financing, buying, selling and advising so many of my friends on what to do with their loans etc, I have taken up an offer from my Mortgage Broker to work for her.

I guess you could call me a Sub-Contractor as I am pretty much starting up the Sydney side of the business and am not commission based.

My broker has been very generous to me and I'm extremely appreciative. I work my own hours and basically run my own business. All the hard stuff, insurance etc, is taken care of. :)

I'm VERY excited about it and as keen as chips.:D

So, I'll be changing my username.

The company is called Money Heroes. I'm on Twitter as MoneyHeroJO so that's what it will be.

I must say though, that it is a little scarey "outing" yourself and putting your full name out there for public viewing........:eek:

Regards JO

Last edited:
Let me be among the first to congratulate you JO :)

After all the distress about selling down some of your portfolio and refinancing others you will no doubt have a lot of empathy for your new clients.

Cheers,
Alan

Alright then Jo......I shall require a 105%, no doc, commercial property loan by the end of the week - GO!!!!

hehehe couldn't help myself! Good luck Jo, all the best with the new endeavor. :)

Alright then Jo......I shall require a 105%, no doc, commercial property loan by the end of the week - GO!!!!

hehehe couldn't help myself! Good luck Jo, all the best with the new endeavor. :)

LOL!

Thanks Steve, throw the easy ones at me!;)

Thanks for the well wishes guys.

Regards JO

Fat Tony: I'm afraid I must insist. You see, my wife, she has been most vocal on the subject of the pretzel monies. "Where's the money? "When are you going to get the money?" "Why aren't you getting the money now?" And so on.

Fat Tony: I'm afraid I must insist. You see, my wife, she has been most vocal on the subject of the pretzel monies. "Where's the money? "When are you going to get the money?" "Why aren't you getting the money now?" And so on.

Hey you may be onto something there Aimjoy (nice quote too!), I've read the mafia over in Italy are doing booming business in the money lending area at the moment due to banks shutting up shop.

hmmmmm that's ok, don't need the money that bad! :D

Moe: Sure, I can lend you all the money you need, however since you have no collateral - I'm going to have to break your legs in advance!

Whoa ... Money Hero Jo ! Congrats and well done !

The drinks are on you if you come to Chatswood on Wednesday.

Am sure it will all go well.

Amelia

Congratulation Josko.

Whilst we are not 'technically' in a recession, a point to note as you commence your new journey is that both Amazon and Microsoft were started during a recession. Something to aspire to.

Go get 'em!:D

Project 1080.

The project: 10 IPs in 80 mths.

Good on you Jo

I started with Aussie back in 2003 and mortgage broking is so interesting, every customer is unique and every deal is a 'one off'.

There is a world of difference between being a Loan Writer and being a Mortgage Broker. As with anything worthwhile, it takes years to become an overnight success.

Good luck with your studies and go along to as many industry days and workshops as you can. It helps to see a couple of hundred other brokers all in one place, and you get to meet the lenders' BDMs up close and personal, too.

My very first customer was referred to me by another broker on the Forum (yes, you know who you are) and six years later, I am writing another loan for him now.

Something often forgotten is that this business in long term and ongoing. As with your own broker, you have developed a relationship and you will meet many new friends though this work and walk along side them as they, too, grow and develop.

Best wishes for a bright and successful future

Regards
Kristine

By the way, there is no need to 'identify' yourself on this Forum or anywhere else. Your work will speak for itself. Your Family is not in business and there is no need to put your Family (by identifying yourself) on show.

Ciao!

Back