Independent advice or just clever marketing?

I met a person yesterday who works for this company www.creativewealthengineering.com

When I asked if they had an AFS license or had been checked by ASIC I recieved a negative to both answers.

They are however mortgage brokers and I'm thinking they are skating on very thin ice with their marketing, they are "finance engineers" and use other terms which might be misinterpreted (imo) by less sophisticated potential investors.

Any thoughts?

I just checked their website and they look like glorified mortgage brokers to me. If they are advising on mortgage minimisaton and investments, they should have a afs Licence. If they haven't they are skating on thin ice.

Hiya

There is some verbage there that could be interpreted as different to what it is meant to be by an average/reasonable person.

If there is an issue, ASIC will pull them up quickly to amend their verbage

I at first thought its written by a Network Marketer

ta
rolf

imho..
thats what i like about the gold coast,if the system works there it will
work anywhere,if you make false representation ,knowing it to be false
without licences in place then the ice melted a long time ago..
good luck
willair..

They look life life coaches to me. They are an incorporated body, so they are registered- no problem with ASIC unless they are marketing for something they can't provide. They are also providing a mortgage broking service- i hardly think ASIC is gonna bother with the thousands of mortgge brokers in Australia- they'd be up to their ears. ASIC cares about products- and this one is obviously life coaching- I wonder are they NLP "qualified" or Landmark...

Cat

Back