Independent Property Valuation - Cost ?

How much should I expect to pay for an Independent Property Valuation for a Sydney property that is worth somewhere around $1.4mill ?

It will be for Bank (mortgage) purposes.

Bank could get it done at their cost, but in the current market, I don't want to risk it coming in lower than the bank val done 12 months ago.

It will be for Bank (mortgage) purposes.

Bank could get it done at their cost, but in the current market, I don't want to risk it coming in lower than the bank val done 12 months ago.

Depends on the bank; diff banks have diff threshold- i think for ANZ anything under $1.5M is the same price/free?? another wise it be around $300- 500.

It sounds like your wanting to order your OWN val?? just make sure the val is acceptable to your bank.

Regards
Michael

Yes, looking at maybe getting my own val done, but will be using one of the valuers from my bank's panel.

Just wanting to make sure I didn't get stung for a massive fee.

Location is Northern Beaches, Sydney.

As much as I am thinking of doing this in the hope of getting a higher val to allow me to borrow more up to 80% LVR, I don't want to risk getting the bank to do the val and ending up with a lower val.

If I get the val done myself and it is no good, I don't need to tell the bank.

Bank has given me their panel of valuers and said they will accept an independent val from one of them. I realise it will cost me more than what the bank would pay to the same valuer.

Yep and it means you can do muti-val from the panel and accept the one YOU like. Something worth paying for at times...

Regards
Michael

Location is Northern Beaches, Sydney.

As much as I am thinking of doing this in the hope of getting a higher val to allow me to borrow more up to 80% LVR, I don't want to risk getting the bank to do the val and ending up with a lower val.

If I get the val done myself and it is no good, I don't need to tell the bank.

Bank has given me their panel of valuers and said they will accept an independent val from one of them. I realise it will cost me more than what the bank would pay to the same valuer.

even though they have said who they have on their panel, i would make sure they are willing to accept a client instructed val as the majority will not......for obvious reasons

Back