Inner city Brisbane?

Am thinking of an IP in Brisbane. Inner city suburbs around 300K. I used to live there but am no longer familiar with the rental market. What sort of return realistically do you think I can get out of a 300K house in the inner city suburbs? And what do you think of buying in Brisbane in the next 6 months?
Thanks.

When I dont know rentals for the area i want to buy in I generally ring agents for the area and have a chat plus do a search for rentals online in the area you are looking in

this normally gives you a pretty good idea

domain.com.au, realestate.com.au etc

regarding buying it depends on your strategy - sometimes timing the market isnt as important as time in the market

a) http://www.reiq.com.au/buySellRent/default.htm

This may help. Click on community profiles, which will give you a blurb about each suburb, median house prices and median rents.

b) The December/January API magazine also gives rental yields too. Their figures are from the rental ads in the papers.

c) Re the suggestion above, I tend to discount whatever SALES agents say the rent will be, by at least $10-20.

d) Property managers may be more objective, but I see that they are affiliated with the sales agents anyway, so...

The only real estate agent I'd trust is Asy.

Another good source is the Courier Mail- on weekends it has all rentals at the back of the RE section.
Also try to get your hands on local papers- great wealth of info about the area in general and the rentals available.
To give you some type of starting point, my house in Balmoral (just under 5km from CBD) rents for $280 a week and is worth around $300K. Happy Hunting!!

There has been a number of articles of late in the courier mail and local papers on the virtue of purchasing real estate in Brisbane. The market remains very strong and prices are still climbing. Rents have remained stable leaving returns a little lower than in the recent past, but capital growth is excellent for the right property.

If you are looking for a good agent in the inner city, speak to Maree Quinn on 3840 5931 or 0417 772 451. Her email is [email protected]. She is excellent and would love to hear from you.

Today Tonight is running a segment tonight on real estate in Brisbane, it might be worth a look.

www.nundahrealestate.com.au

Originally posted by Kevin Hockey
Hey asy, might be time to take melbourne of the resume. Your a Queenslander now.

www.nundahrealestate.com.au

Oooh, Thanks for the reminder.

I put it on there ages ago as a joke, because someone said that Queensland was really North Victoria, because of all the victorian's moving there...

lol

thanks, will change it!

asy :D

G'day all,

Seeing " we" have a new forum, "Where to buy" and we're talking
of suburbs in Brisbane why not have Asy post "us" a listing of her stock, suitable for interstate investor members of this forum?
Not knowing Brisbane at all, Asy could be our guiding light.
My only way to buy property in Brisbane is with the cost of a Residex report,a UBD street directory and the websites.
My time is limited.
I say go Asy, start giving the Brisbane would be investors some deals.

Bruce G.

Back