Inspirational verse from napoleon hill

Life's battles don't always go
To the stronger for faster man
But soon or late, the man who wins
Is the man WHO THINKS HE CAN!

This thread jumped out at me because of Napoleon Hill. He sure inspired me, and I know he has inspired many great people. I've read Think and Grow Rich as well as 2 of his others books, including Law of Success and Success Through a Positive Mental Attitude.

I remember reading the book for the first time and being surprised that the secret to success lay within me. To actually think and believe in myself, and then take consistent action towards the achievement of my goals.

Thanks for the boost of inspiration.

For others on this forum who want more of Napoleon Hill, check out this video of Napoleon Hill - an amazing audio and visual of the man himself talking about the definiteness of purpose! His strategies for success are just as important for Aussie property investors today.

Thanks for that link! Here is one I liked from the link you provided. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m73pePb5BUY&feature=related

devank,

Happy to have helped you. I'm sure you would do the same for me.

The videos of Napoleon Hill are in black and white and dated, but his enthusiasm and wisdom still speak to me.

There really was a time when I first got into his books and philosophies that I just devoured all his books and materials. There's actually also a biography of Hill's life. It's called "Lifetime of Riches: The Biography of Napoleon Hill". I still find it so unique and interesting that he was commissioned by the richest man in the world at that time, Andrew Carnegie, to write his materials and meet all those great people of that time.

Here's a couple more

images

delayed+gratification.jpg

no+pain+no+gain.bmp

Hi KY

Did you mean this one?

My Wage

I bargained with Life for a penny,
And Life would pay no more,
However I begged at evening
When I counted my scanty store.

For Life is a just employer,
He gives you what you ask,
But once you have set the wages,
Why, you must bear the task.

I worked for a menial’s hire,
Only to learn, dismayed,
That any wage I had asked of Life,
Life would have willingly paid.

-Jessie B. Rittenhouse

Hi Ace, it is indeed and thank you very much.

I only remembered the last line but now I have copied it by hand & I think in the process the words have stuck in my head.

The other quote I'd put above my bed is 'Everyday in every way, I'm getting better and better'. May my head never swell!

KY

Back