Install new framed shower

Hello,

After trying a few different things, we are still having issues with our shower and we will need to replace it with a framed shower to avoid the annoying issue of water leaking out (which is a shame as I did like the look of semi-frameless). Just wondering if anyone has an idea about how much we'd be looking at for the shower and installation? The Bunnings website seems to show ~$500 as being mid-priced but hard to tell the quality/style from a photo.

Would we be likely to get anything for our existing screen? I think it would be fine installed on a floor with enough slope and/or with a slightly raised tile barrier around it.

On the presumption it's leaking from door,would a barrier edge attached to the door help?

Cheaper shower alternatives on ebad sub 500$.

And yes if you were to replace shower,your existing screen can be sold.

As for installation for a shower cimbom,no idea,just get a few cash quotes.

The idiot tiler didnt put enough fall on our shower base and it started to fill up and come out the door and onto the bathroom floor. We thought we had a major problem but the shower screen installer just put a slim slightly raised chrome rod instead of the grout at the entrance and problem solved.

Mine came with a clear plastic strip with flap that pushes onto the
bottom of the glass and reflects any water back away from the bottom opening.
Not sure if this would be enough to stop the flow going under if the floor sloop design is not right.

Back