Insurance?

What sort [if any[ insurance do you have?

• Yes, I take out private building and contents insurance for my properties

Votes: 18 62.1%
  • I prefer to just have body corporate bulding insurance [where applicable]

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • I leave it at landlords insurance

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Umm... I have lenders mortgage insurance.. does that count?..

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Landlords insurance only for units and townhouses. Both landlords insurance and building insurance for houses.

Do companies let you double claim if both you and the body corp have building insurance?
Alex

Thanks Alex, just as I would have expected, I just have the extra worry in Darwin of a bad cyclone coming through.
I hope building insurance is all I need! :D

Is a cyclone considered one of those acts of god that are specifically excluded from insurance policies? I seem to remember reading that my policies don't cover certain events.
Alex

i only have an LLI policy at the moment, and let the strata insurance take care of the building.

if i had a freestanding, i'd have building insurance also..

Landlords insurance only for units and townhouses. Both landlords insurance and building insurance for houses.

Do companies let you double claim if both you and the body corp have building insurance?
Alex

Same. Couldn't really decide on a poll option to choose though... maybe they need some adjusting.

I don't think so.

Building, contents and landlords for me. All mine are free standing houses. I also prefer to be over insured than under insured.

Is a cyclone considered one of those acts of god that are specifically excluded from insurance policies? I seem to remember reading that my policies don't cover certain events.
Alex

We had a 5-bed house that was demolished by Cyclone Larry last year. Had bldg + contents + landlords ins for rent. CGU paid out on the lot including 12 months rent.

We also had 2 x 2-bed units (single title) and Cyclone Larry removed the roof, so lots of water damage inside. Had bldg + contents ins. CGU paid out for everything. Pity we didn't have ins for rent on this one. Have since rectified this prob.

Both properties are in Innisfail....high rainfall and cyclone prone territory.

We have building, contents and landlords insurance for our houses, and have contents and landlords insurance for our flats. The strata insurance only covers the building and doesn't cover things like floorcoverings, shower screens etc. We have taken out contents insurance just to be safe. You never know ...

i only have an LLI policy at the moment, and let the strata insurance take care of the building.

if i had a freestanding, i'd have building insurance also..

Back