Interest Rate Rises... where will they stop?

WillG, how soon would we expect to see another rise? Is it towards near end of the year (i.e. Nov, Dec)?

Next month would have the most impact and make the most people have a good look at their spending. but really depends on how the RBA people operate.

I'll say if not September then October.

Interest rates will stop rising when the RBA has scared enough of the public/masses ,via the media, to cut back their spending patterns.

In the mean time its great news for those investors who are currently active in the market as its a great catalyst for opportunity, but not so good news for first home buyers wanting to enter the market and the financially stressed owner occupiers.

Thanks for that link Dave. Just had a good read.

Next month would have the most impact and make the most people have a good look at their spending. but really depends on how the RBA people operate.

I'll say if not September then October.
My PPOR settlement date will be 28 September, hopefully the IR rise won't happen until then. :D

Interest rates will stop rising when the RBA has scared enough of the public/masses ,via the media, to cut back their spending patterns.

In the mean time its great news for those investors who are currently active in the market as its a great catalyst for opportunity, but not so good news for first home buyers wanting to enter the market and the financially stressed owner occupiers.

I'm one of those first home buyers, so I'm a victim here :p
But I'm on a 3 years fixed loan, and about to settle in to my PPOR.

Holy molly! Gosh, I'm glad I choose to fix my loan for 3 years. But I'm with Westpac maybe they have raised their rate as well already?

Thanks for the link to the news Shadow.

Increases in interest rates are applied by central banks when increases in financial wealth are not matched by increases in productivity. Basically, they're a lever to tell investors - and particularly the government - to slow down and put their capital in something that improves the economy.

Back