Invest Clubs/Groups in the ACT

Just a quick post to see if anyone knows of or can suggest any casual investment clubs or groups that have regular meetings in the ACT.

Thanks,
Booboo.

The Canberra Region Investors' Network (CRIN) was active until last year. Due to business commitments, I was not active in the group.

I have not seen any activities for the group this year so far.

Thanks for the info geoffw, only problem is, I cant seem to find any current info on the group. It seems to have disbanded so to speak..
Thanks.

Booboo

The Investment Club (TIC) has regular meet in the ACT, but they do have their own 'particular' housing investment strategy. If you're interested leave a post and I can give you the contact details of a local member.

I get their newsletter every month because I attended an 'instruction night'. they have club brokers, club insurance etc. but when I attended they told me I didn't have enough equity to start :(

I do now!!! :D , but that sorta put me off a bit.

VAZ

Thanks Vazta...
We are members of the TIC club here in Canberra. I am aware that as far as being a club goes, the name "Club" should be used very loosly. It really is a massive realestate agency with representatives known as "support members" all over the place. As far as the TIC club goes, I am quite happy with the fact that they are really only a realestate agency but would preffer a bit more honesty from them in regards to it. We simply joined hoping to meet like minded people to be able to swap ideas with etc, but we have just finished buying one property through them and I must say, out of all the IP's we have bought over the years, we have never had so much stress and lack of support and information buying any other property. We will never be buying through them again..

As far as getting some info and bounce some ideas around yourself, it would be great to get together somtime..

Booboo,

Getting together to 'bounce' ideas sounds like a good idea. I'm fairly new at IP's (just exchanging on number 2 now) But am looking to use IP as my escape from the rat race.

How's that for you?

Sounds great.. have a few other friends that would probly welcome a chat too. We've just done number 4 and waiting for number 5 to be built...

Count me in too. I am still in the 'game' albeit a more built-up stage. Into shares as well and would welcome exchange of notes. Cheers. :)

I'd be in interested in tagging along as well.

I renovated our current IP (link to blog available) and am interested in doing so again, but would need some partners of some sort. I have contacted an agent about a vacant property near us, which has a 3 beddie plus about 1800 sqm of land. The place isnt on the market, but I reckon it would be ideal for a dual occie or something similar.

OK,

So it sounds like we might have enough interest here for an informal get together in the near future. Does anyone want to suggest a time/date/location? If we're pushed for a location and we're not 12+ people I'd be happy to meet at my place.

Maybe suggestions for a V informal agenda? and how we proceed from here?

VAZ

Evening all...

Sorry I haven't replied to all the responses.

It's great that there's so much interest in a casual get together in the ACT area.
If every one thats interested in coming along could drop me a message on when, date, time and any suggestions on location to hold it, it would be great. If you could give multiple options of time and locations etc, it will enable me to try and suit as many people as possible.
Can anyone interested (even if they aren't interested in coming) make some suggestions of discussion topics, and I'll put together some sort of agenda/ discussion list.
I'll coordinate any replies and get back to you with some details.

Thanks,
Booboo.

This is an ACT election year, so maybe any IP issue to put to the pollies from the group may be useful.

Now is a bit quiet on the IP front in terms of acquisition, what with all the IR inceases, so perhaps sharing of renos to improve equity.

Any great way of increasing serviceability - I would love to hear how anyone has made it viable with an option trading system.

:D

Back