Investing in Shares

Can anybody point me in the right direction for website's that would enable me to learn about investing in shares, mutual funds etc...

I have had a look at a few but I'm not sure if they are anygood or not! Shows how much I know :)

Thanks

Can anybody point me in the right direction for website's that would enable me to learn about investing in shares, mutual funds etc...

I have had a look at a few but I'm not sure if they are anygood or not! Shows how much I know :)

Thanks
Imho...Chomp start with this site set up some watchlists and read everything you can then target 30 companies and study the way they work,just before you start Equity markets around the world are extremely volatile,but volatility creates opportunties or so they say:rolleyes: ..
good luck willair..

http://www.asx.com.au/

aussiestockforums.com is very similar to this one, and some familiar faces too, although their usernames differ ;)

hotcopper is more active, but not as user friendly for the beginner! You may be lead astray from some of the 'advice' on offer there!

Buying share is the easy part, buy consistently making money from it to build wealth is the result of sticking to a plan. Many books cover different skill areas that you will find necessary to grow through the investment experience.

Some of the books I used are:

- Self management: Think & Grow Rich (by Napoleon Hill), Get The Edge (Anthony Robbins)

- Money management: The Richest Man in Babylon (by George Classon), Making Money Made Simple (by Noel Whittaker)

- Market direction: The Roaring 2000s (by Harry Dent), Safe Strategies for Financial Freedom (by Van Tharp)

- How the masters select shares: Buffettology (by Mary Buffett), One Up On Wall Street (by Peter Lynch)

- Technical analysis & Mass psychology: Trading Secrets (by Louise Bedford), Trading For Living (By Elexander Elder)

Thanks

I generally find share forums "noisier" than this one.

There are some knowledgeable people here - perhaps it may not hurt to articulate some questions for the answers you seek?

Cheers,

The Y-man

Yes I agree with you Y-man, I thought I might have a look first and then see if I can come up with a few good questions then.

Thanks
Chomp

Reefcap also changed for the better in the way you view it as well; it was annoying prior to that..

I like AussieStock Forums and investED also

Have you searched the SS archives?

There have been a number of threads/posts about starting out in shares, I've done a couple myself.

Fish

Thanks
Chomp, this site may also help it may take a while to get your head around some of the terms they use,but it's another good site to start with..
good luck willair..http://www.intelligentinvestor.com.au/

I have always found Huntleys very useful. You can get a 4 week free trial too. Google them and check it out.

Cheers

Ike

Back