Investment loan + FHBG

Hey guys,

Am I entitled to the FHBG (exemption of stamp duty + $7k) if I take out an investment loan?

I realise I can't lodge it via my bank but my mortgage broker advised me that my solicitors can? Briefly spoke to my solicitor and he's unsure.

Cheers

To qualify for the first home owners grant you must live in the property for at least 6 months. You don't have to move in immediately but you have to move in with 12 months of purchase.

The type of loan doesn't affect eligibility for the grant.

A lot of young people purchase a property, with the intention of turning into an investment property after meeting the grants criteria.

If you buy a property as an investment and later decide to move in, you can apply for the grant at that time. You'd apply for the grant separately from the bank.

Adding on....no real such thing as an "investment loan" - as long as you can service the loan + have enough funds to complete then it's fine to Live in and rent out 6 month later ( happens ALL the time) - just apply for the concession with OSR directly...and you can do it right after your get the loan ( even when the home is rented out) don't need to wait for till you move in; they look at your intention.

Regards
Michael

Back