Investment Property Calculator

How much would you pay for an IP calculator?

• $25

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • $50

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • $75

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • $99

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Nothing! Happy to use basic excel versions

Votes: 28 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi All,

Am looking to finalise an Investment Property Calculator, based in excel. Am trying to get an idea if this is something people would purchase and for how much, if it had the same functionality as commercially available ones? I have seen a few around this forum and available on the web, but the functionality is less than the expensive commercial ones. The pricing would be very reasonable compared to these versions.

Let me know your feedback...

Cheers

PG

That's a difficult question to answer unless one knows what, exactly, is included in this Investment Property Calculator. Could you give us some idea, please?

Cheers
LynnH

Hi Lynn,

To date it includes the normal things

-ability to use cash/equity/loans for financing
-shows results over 1-25 years
-ability to change inflation/rent/expenses/cap growth/IRs per year
-Both depreciation types included, as well as a depn estimator
-can include renovations/buying undervalue etc
-shows key stats/payback time/ROI etc
-IO vs normal loans (currently doesnt do splits or anything more complex)
-summary output in PDF style

Am happy to add anything if you can think of stuff to add!

Cheers

Why reinvent the wheel:confused:

Hi All,

Am looking to finalise an Investment Property Calculator, based in excel. Am trying to get an idea if this is something people would purchase and for how much, if it had the same functionality as commercially available ones? I have seen a few around this forum and available on the web, but the functionality is less than the expensive commercial ones. The pricing would be very reasonable compared to these versions.

Let me know your feedback...

Cheers

Why reinvent the wheel:confused:

Agreed Rick. Back when I started looking at IP's I like I guess everyone else put together a spreadsheet which is good in that it makes you think about all the issues that are involved in property investment.

But .... then I downloaded the Somersoft Personal Investment Analyser demo - WOW. I then deleted my insignificant little spread sheet.

Cheers,

Bazza

I would try it but.

I use the calculator on my mobile phone. Takes me about 20 seconds to calculate net yield and holding costs. Dunno that I would use much more than that.

I wrote my own

I am a programmer and got annoyed having to redo my calcs. So I wrote my own basic simple one and put it on the net with my new and incomplete blog. It is at http://www.denisemcnerney.com/Calculator/LVR.php

I use an excel spreadsheet to keep my permanent values but find it handy to have one on the net I can access anywhere.

It is pretty basic but gives me all my needs. There are two parts to the form, the second part doesn't show unless your LVR is below 80%. I could change this in the future though. I didn't want to make it hugely complex so kept it as simple as I could.

Try my LVR Calculator.

Back