Investor opinion on Wyong Council vs Gosford Council (Central Coast, NSW)

Hi all,

Since some of you seem quite familiar with the NSW Central Coast market, just wondering what your opinions are on Gosford Council and Wyong Council in regards to development of the region and their vision.

Considering it's proximity to Sydney (commuting distance), I would have thought the "Gosford end" of the Coast would have potential for huge growth in the future (perhaps once Western Sydney "fills up"). However, there doesn't seem to be alot of faith in Gosford Council, regardless of their extensive development plan. Conversely, people seem quite happy with the direction Wyong Council are headed.

I suppose the whole region is destined for huge population growth over the next 10 years, however, this doesn't necessarily make them the best place to buy at this point in time. Right? I'm (obviously) very new at this and would appreciate your thoughts?

Many Thanks,

Jaz

Hi Jaz. The link below contains some interesting facts and is worth a read.
http://www.propertyinvesting.com/forums/property-investing/help-needed/4344048?highlight=sagos

Thanks for the link- interesting figures. It really doean't sound promising in the short term. Although, the figures are a few years old now.

I am trying to come up with a suburb to buy a PPOR. However, I would hope to achieve enough CG to help me purchase a second property within 5 years. Maybe that shoebox in Sydney would prove to be a safer option.

Hi guys - sorry for digging up an old thread

I understand gosford council has a minimum lot size of 750sqm for multi unit dwellings (more than 2) in R1 zoning dependant on fsr

Is Wyong council the same? cant find it in their lep/dcp and the people working at council are useless today

Back