investor wanted- MELBOURNE

Thanks for your input.

Can I ask what investors see as a "GOOD" yield? Thanks to Rixter and Monolopy they told me this has 5.28% yield????

Having such comments made makes me all the more determined to achieve my goal and to sell, with no debt to the house, but for no profit.
I think if you look at the history of this thread you may be able to work out we have reduced this house by $21k and have some very strong intersest in doing so.... I feel we will be close to an offer- we have various people interested, even interestate enquiries, which is all positive.
we are not gready and if you spoke to me, you would know we are keen, and prepared to assist purchasers as much as we can.
Thanks again, I am a genuine mum wanting to sell and are keen to do so!
Danielle

cain family said:
Thanks for your input.

Can I ask what investors see as a "GOOD" yield? Thanks to Rixter and Monolopy they told me this has 5.28% yield????
Danielle,

There are two schools of thought when it comes to investing, one is for yield and one is for capital growth. Of course a mixture of both is the ideal and IMO is what it takes to sustain wealth, but there are those who prefer to buy predominantly for (immediate) cashflow, or "cashflow positive" properties (those that generate greater income than they incur expenses).

Certainly there are those that chase that here, however it is more favoured by those who frequent websites such as PI.com which is run by one of the many "cashflow is king" gurus, Steve McKnight.

If I may be so bold (out of ignorance perhaps) :eek: as to answer on behalf of those investors who buy for cashflow (positive) consequently seeking higher yields, I think you will find most of them will try to secure properties (at the very least) that generate a higher percentage of income than what they'd be anticipating to pay in current interest rates. So currently I'm guessing approx. 7%+ :confused:

And to achieve (an immediate) 7% gross yield on your property (not taking into consideration any depreciation, negative gearing and/or growth potential) would require either:

* the selling price of your property to be lower

* the rental income (yield) generated to be higher

or alternatively, the deposit they put down is significant enough to at best, push the investment into a neutrally geared position.

Hope this helps answer your question.

Cheers,

Jo

Our 'golden rule' for cashflow yield has always been prevailing interest rate plus 3%. Call it around 9 - 9.5% at the moment. Then again, cashflow investing in Australia doesn't really happen that much at the moment except in mining towns, as far as I can see.

House Has Been Sold!

Hi

Thanks to everyone whos has given constructive criticism and support while we sold our house,

just letting you know we have now sold and are very happy with the way things have panned out for us!

Given that we have all been following your IP sale would you think it rude if I asked what you finally accepted for it?

Put some closure to this drama :)

Cheers and well done!

As the buyer is someone that uses this site, I will respect their privacy and not disclose a price, (not that they have asked me to do so but I feel its not my place to speak about other people business) but lets just say the buyer got a great price, a good little house, and we get to move on and focus on whats important to us "our family" :)

cain family said:
Hi

Thanks to everyone whos has given constructive criticism and support while we sold our house,

just letting you know we have now sold and are very happy with the way things have panned out for us!
Congratulations!!! (See patience does pay off, e-v-e-n-t-u-a-l-l-y). :D

So now to start enjoying that "simple life" you were hoping for!!! ;)

Cheers,

Jo

cain family said:
As the buyer is someone that uses this site, I will respect their privacy and not disclose a price, (not that they have asked me to do so but I feel its not my place to speak about other people business) but lets just say the buyer got a great price, a good little house, and we get to move on and focus on whats important to us "our family" :)

Danielle,

I have just read this thread and considering your previous position advising the sale price would be fair.

Knowing the price does not tell us who bought? In addition, I am sure many here could found out the price in a quick web search.

You have made use of this forum to gain you buyer so why give some insight into price, the deal and what they propose to use for IP or PPOR. That way we all learn a bot from your thread and posters efforts.

Personally, I have an IP nearby and would be interested.

Regards, Peter 147

Hiya,

If this is the property that I think it is, then it did sell for $195,000.

I do stand to be corrected though; there have been a few sales in that area over the last month.

Cheers

James.

Back