Investors Direct Seminar 5th April Sydney-Unreal!

Thanks for the summary Josko, very interesting.

I'm surprised at the message that is coming through, as most property seminars tend to push the bullish perspective. Sounds like it's time to be cautious...

Bill is definitely a great seminar presenter, both interesting and entertaining.

Cheers,

I have in my notes 70%.

I loved the Crap property versus Good Property scenario. Keep it if it's not crap!

I thought Bill Zheng was reputed to have $20 million worth of crap :)

But if I recall correctly, Mr Zheng said something along the lines of "Would you rather have $1m worth of perfect properties, or $20m worth of crap?".

I'd take the crap, thanks.

-Ian

I thought Bill Zheng was reputed to have $20 million worth of crap :)

But if I recall correctly, Mr Zheng said something along the lines of "Would you rather have $1m worth of perfect properties, or $20m worth of crap?".

I'd take the crap, thanks.

-Ian

Where were you when I was trying to sell my crap this year!
Luckily I sold my crap and got out of the ****!

:eek:

Forget the cash Dazzling. Its soon to be an extinct animal and will drop will drop in value shortly if this PREDICTION comes to reality!

Gold & SILVER, me man! :)

Cash is trash!

Interesting....Bill Zheng said that the US dollar is dropping due to money finding a new home in Asia and other high growth economies. Australia was one of them!

I also found your summary on Bill Zheng very interesting. You said that you have loads more info. Could you share any more of his "gems" from the seminar??

Good Property Choices

` Land content should be greater than 40% of the whole property price.
` Buy around median price or not over 150% of the median price.
` The area you buy in should have gone up by three times in past 15 years. Eg. 100k to 300k.
` Buy high demand properties in well established areas. Not new estates and definitely not in mortgage sensitive areas.
` Avoid luxury properties and extremely low yields.

Highly Geared Investors
` Wait for the growth of your property or add value now.

Investors who have large portfolios
` Diversify your debt allocation with multiple lenders.

Investors with Gained Equity
~ Create a cash buffer offset account.

Mind Strategy

- Feel good about yourself especially as an Investor.
- - Think about how much freedom you have given up in order to obtain your financial freedom and reach your goals.
- What you expect is what you get. Set and forget. Focus on the good.
- Educate yourself constantly. Wealth is always transferred from the uninformed to the well informed.
- Less is more. Stick to properties that do well. If in the downturn you have a dud and you need to sell – sell it and don’t look back. Become more intuitive. Try not to confuse yourself by doing too many things and looking for too many options.

Valid Points

Debt=Cashflow.

Debt services Debt.

If you have more than 4 properties you will be servicing your debt with debt and this is now a business. Remember you are running a business and debt servicing debt is the way to do it.

Buy and hold Mortgages
Don’t pay off your mortgage. As your mortgage increases over time, properties prices double. NB: Also take into account inflation.

1 x Investment property now for 350k will be worth 22 mil in 40 years.

Thought I'd add this bit of interesting info in from Anne McKevitt - member of Bill Clintons, Clinton Global Initiative.

Global Warming

The North Pole is melting. It is salt ice and will not cause sea levels to rise. It will be totally gone in 23 years.
The ice reflects the sun and keeps the temperature down in the North Pole. The waters will become warmer and Greenland will melt. This will raise our water levels by 8 metres.

Build environmentally friendly buildings. These will be in demand in the not to distant future and people will want to pay more for them.

So....don't buy waterfront properties!

Last edited:
Hi Josko, do you recall whether the adelaide market got a mention?

Thx, regards, Jodie.

John Edwards did mention it. Basically, he only sees future growth in Sydney and then to a lesser extend in Melbourne though, strong rental market in all capital cities.

Cheers,
James

Houses are unaffordable now and they were for our parents. Ask your parents if they thought houses were affordable in their day.

Gen Y are the biggest consumers of our time. They are renters and not home owners. When the Baby Boomers retire, they will be supported by Gen Y. There are not enough Gen Y’s to take the places of the Baby Boomers. Gen Y’s will not be buying houses and therefore prices of houses will not go up as they have done in the past.

I believe the Australian Dream is as affordable as it's ever been, it's just that the current generation has other priorities that take precedence over buying a home.

People these days want to experience life, and who can blame them. They want to have fun while they are young, and alot of parents support this lifestyle by not charging board or only a charging a symbolic amount.

Although children grow up faster than ever before, adolescence appears to be infinite. This lack of commitment to adulthood until their thirties means that adult priorities, such as buying a home are also going to be delayed.

The trend of an extended adolescence may continue for some time, however to say that Gen Y's as a group are destined to rent forever is in my opinion a load of BS. I believe Gen Y's like the generations before them will settle down and with this priorities will change, including the desire to own their own home.

Regards

Andrew

People these days want to experience life, and who can blame them. They want to have fun while they are young, and alot of parents support this lifestyle by not charging board or only a charging a symbolic amount.

Although children grow up faster than ever before, adolescence appears to be infinite. This lack of commitment to adulthood until their thirties means that adult priorities, such as buying a home are also going to be delayed.

The trend of an extended adolescence may continue for some time, however to say that Gen Y's as a group are destined to rent forever is in my opinion a load of BS. I believe Gen Y's like the generations before them will settle down and with this priorities will change, including the desire to own their own home.

Hear hear. I still think Gen Y will change, as most people do when they grow up. Gen X were supposed to be the irresponbile spoiled by the boomers group (though it's a bit rich for a generation that spawned the hippie movement to call their offspring irresponsible). Yet as they enter their 30s, they're having kids and buying homes. Gen Y will be the same. Sure, we're doing it a lot later than previous generations, and that goes to the lengthened adolescence BH mentioned above. We WILL grow up, though. And part of growing up means cutting down expectations to reality. We can't all grow up to be astronauts.
Alex

Agreed 100% Alex. I have many friends who don't own a house and are now feverishly saving for a deposit after years of travelling and spending wildly. Most of them complain that they never got into the market in time and GenY will be no different. One of our employees is 24 and just bought his first investment property. I'm sure when he is 35 he will also have his friends complaining they never got in. I'm slowly moving from being very bearish to being slightly bearish. I just want to see how the credit crisis pans out and whether property will stagnate for another year or even two years. These predictions of 40% drops are in my opinion ludicrous.

We have an undersupply of stock, rising yields and a high demand for the undersupply of stock. If Rudd removed CGt concessions on resi then sure this would impact. However it just reinforces why I want to purchase property in super. After 60 it is tax free and that is why I am buying property. For my retirement. CGT concessions mean nothing to me.

Hi Josko, do you recall whether the adelaide market got a mention?

Thx, regards, Jodie.

John Edwards did mention it. Basically, he only sees future growth in Sydney and then to a lesser extend in Melbourne though, strong rental market in all capital cities.

Cheers,
James

A property expert ignoring Adelaide, I'm shocked! :eek:

'Yes, the growing markets this year will be Brisbane and Melbourne'
(Meanwhile Adelaide prices rise 20%)
'huh? what was that? Oh well, never mind - as I was saying, rising markets next year will be Sydney and potentially coastal areas in central QLD....'

:rolleyes:

Back