Investors Finance Group

hmm 'Sophisticated finance structuring for astute investors'

I hope they're licensed financial planners - though I believe they have to say this on their site or they're in breach....

Don't forget to ask to see their license!

Cheers,

Aceyducey

And if they are "selling" mortages you may want to see their current membership certificate of the MIAA and their certificate of currency for their professional indemnity insurance.

hi felicity,

i was wondering if you managed to find out more about IFG. We came across them and would like to know if other people has had any experience with them.

otherwise, can anybody recommend other financial advisors? we are based in melbourne.

thanks.

zee

What's the difference ? :confused:

We just want to talk to somebody who can advise us, what would be the best way to move forward from our current position. If we are able to move forward at all.

don't 'people' go get advise from 'somebody'. Where do we get this advice? How do we know that they are qualified /competent to give advice? Or we need to learn everything ourselves?

We have questions like, is our current loan structure the best for our situation? Can we switch to a better one? Should we switch? Can we afford to get an IP. (we only have ppor at this stage.)

And other things like, should we create company/ trust?

I guess Im too confused myself as to what i really want at this stage. Might need to do more soul-searching? :eek: :confused:

thanks.

zee

Hiya Zee

Id recommend you do 2 things

Sit with a good independent mortgage broker to see what you can do with your resources.

Subsequent to that Id suggest you see someone like Dale in Melbourne about structures.................

Sounds to me what you need is NOT a financial adviser.

ta

rolf

zee said:
What's the difference ? :confused:

And other things like, should we create company/ trust?

thanks.

zee
The difference is that a financial adviser will usually sell you shares, managed funds etc. Whereas a broker will look for the best loan for your situation, if you even qualify for a loan etc.

So, with this in mind, I would suggest that you need to speak to a good mortgage broker. BTW if you do a search you find some of the best in the country frequent this site.

As for advice re structures - ie company, trust, HDT - you need to speak to a good accountant.

Please also bear in mind that not all brokers are good ones & not all accountants are good ones. You should be seeking ones that have experience dealing with the type of investments you wish to be making.

Back