IP is killing me

If you are so worried about the $400 that it is costing you go get an equity loan and use that to pay the shortfall in interest on the property. If you have owned it already for 7 years then you will have heaps of equity. The interest on the equity loan is also tax deductible.

Regards

Don

no need to confuse him too much thedon - he may feel as well, that what you're suggesting is just getting him in deeper..

If you are so worried about the $400 that it is costing you go get an equity loan and use that to pay the shortfall in interest on the property. If you have owned it already for 7 years then you will have heaps of equity. The interest on the equity loan is also tax deductible.

Regards

Don

Hi Don,
Sorry I do not follow your reasoning. Could u pls explain the rational in taking out an equity loan?
BTW, one of the reasons I am selling is that after 7 years, my level of equity is pathetic compared to other parts of Sydney, hence the reason to dump the 'dog'.
Thx,
John

If selling you would be advised to sell either at market rent or vacant. Undermarket rent can really pull down the perceived value.

In terms of growth just ensure that you don't sell just just before a growth waves goes through the area. That can be most frustrating as you watch the next buyer take the growth you wanted years for. Are suburbs close by experiencing any growth?

Back