ip washer/ dryer combo

Hi All,

Am new to this forum and have been reading on washer/ dryer combos.

Unfortunately, due to lack of space, we are looking to install a washer/ dryer combo under the kitchen benchtop in our rental property (there is no balcony & bathroom too small).

Are there any brands or models that have been tried/ recommended or generally tick all the boxes for

• value for money
  • energy/ water ratings
  • quick clothes drying times
  • not require external ventilation (leaving humidity in the kitchen damaging kitchen laminate cabinets)

or is it sufficient to get a high rpm washer to spin dry the clothes? :confused:

Any feedback would be much appreciated!

Thanks
Helen

Am new to this forum and have been reading on washer/ dryer combos.

Unfortunately, due to lack of space, we are looking to install a washer/ dryer combo under the kitchen benchtop in our rental property (there is no balcony & bathroom too small).
This Choice article is consistent with my experience, ie they're hopeless at drying. I think if you can't fit a separate dryer in, don't bother; the tenants can use the clothes line or a clothes horse. (And I would do that in preference to using a condenser dryer; they're truly pathetic. Even when you eventually get the clothes dry, they're terribly wrinkled.)

We had one in an apartment we rented in Hobart. We were only there 4 days but we never did get the hang of working it, despite reading the manuals. Hubby put his towel in to dry off and it went to a wash cycle!!

I would avoid one.
Marg

I put one in our apartment IP (Samsung combo) as there is no space for a separate one and I didnt want to put it on the wall due to condensation issues. There is also no hanging space for clothes. I noticed the tenants purchased an airer very quickly. And put it on the balcony which is against BC rules but I noticed everyone does it, albeit discretely.

I think that if you do a particular wash cycle it dries well, but any deviation and the clothes remain damp. It does have a good steam cycle though. The cycle doesnt take four hours though.

Thank you for all the feedback.

I am aware of the adv of having separate units, however the property managers are strongly advising to have both washer & dryer given that there is no space to dry the clothes (even with a clothes horse!)

I am happy to pay a little more for a combined unit even if it doesnt live up to expectations, so long as it gives the tenants 'comfort' that there is a washer & dryer.

I would be interested to know whether a washer with high revs per minute can do the same job as a combined unit? A builder mentioned to me that if it spins at high rpm it can basically spin the clothes to near dry. Is this true?

Still :confused:

Helen

I had a Bosh one (washer/ dryer combos) once in a unit I was renting and it worked pretty well as far as I can remember. It was 10 or 15 years ago though and in Paris ( European standard!? ), but it was really good and handy when you don't have any balcony and only a small unit.

Sylvie.

We have a LG washer/dryer and it is great.

You can use wash only, which runs for just over an hour.

The dry cycle has different grades of dry, and takes about 3 and half hours (including wash). If you take your clothes out immediately, they are almost wrinkle free - if you leave them in to get cold they crease up.

We bought it about 4 years ago to put in our kitchen because of space, however we then found that a Council stipulation was to have 2 separate sinks. Which basically meant having a 10mm gap between 2 tubs. It is quite feasible but not a look we wanted, so we then created a laundry elsewhere. As per this pic

Back