Iphone or Blackberry: your advice please

It works fine. I have my work calendar, which updates automatically to my phone, and I have all my Outlook mail folders on my phone as well. I can't fault it, but I'm not all that tech savvy.

Yes, I am tech adverse. If it works, I don't like to upgrade. Upgrades cost time and money and don't work like they say. And becasue we are all men , construction based, no one is tech savvy here. Tool savvy yes, tech savvy no.

You know the saying/joke:

Q: What is the difference between a car salesman and a computer/mobile phone salesman?

A: The car salesman knows when he is telling you lies.

Peter 14.7

So...we are going to get one Iphone to test, give to either my wife or best manager. If it works we move over around July.

Peter 14.7

My GOD, the price to pay for beauty.

My BB fell on to concrete landing , then down flight of concrete stairs. Small chip at corner, still good.

FYI Peter 14.7

Someone (thankfully) recommended me to a place here in Adelaide that fixes the glass screens. Much cheaper than getting a new phone.

They know me by name now. I have loyalty card. When I break the fifth phone, I get it repaired free ;)

My GOD, the price to pay for beauty.

My BB fell on to concrete landing , then down flight of concrete stairs. Small chip at corner, still good.

FYI Peter 14.7

My HTC has fallen to the ground about 20 times now.

It was a mark in the lh corner on the case. That's it.

Someone (thankfully) recommended me to a place here in Adelaide that fixes the glass screens. Much cheaper than getting a new phone.

They know me by name now. I have loyalty card. When I break the fifth phone, I get it repaired free ;)

So if you break screen, phone is gone? Peter

So if you break screen, phone is gone? Peter

Not necessarily. The last two times I've broken the screen, the screen has been replaced. It can still be used with the broken screen, but the cracked glass can be a little hard on the ear when trying to make a call.

Android all the way for me. I've got a HTC Incredible S.
Androids (combined) are outselling iphones at present from everything I've read.
More people working on androids worldwide so will outperform iphones soon on all fronts imo.
Also as a current google docs/gmail etc person everything works seemlessly.

As everyone else has said iphone glass is too fragile - and you say you're all males in construction! Good luck with that! ;)
I also don't like control forced on me with the whole itunes thing with an iphone.
Only thing on the plus side for iphones is the ease of charging them. Every electrical gadget nowadays seems to come with an iphone dock for charging whereas as everything else has to use it's own charger and power point or car charger.

Hi all

Well, we hedged our bets and got an Iphone for wife to test. So far she loves it and yes, it is a whole different device when compared with Blackberry. She had and old Nokia standard phone.

However....our main staff use is calls and emails. We get 20 to 100 emails a day and we have been told, unlike BB the Iphone:
  • it cannot handle a lot of emails without draining power abnormally.
  • you cannot delete on both phone and laptop with Iphone from the phone. On BB if you delete on the phone it never gets downloaded to your inbox on the PC.
and

She cannot delete her emails at all, which is common issues with Iphones.

Any comments for the Phone users out there?

Thanks
Peter 14.7

If your email account is gmail-based you can definitely delete the emails on your iphone. You need to swipe (right) on the email itself when you see the list and it will give you the option to delete it.

If your email account is gmail-based you can definitely delete the emails on your iphone. You need to swipe (right) on the email itself when you see the list and it will give you the option to delete it.

Excuse non tech reply;

We use MS Windows and Outlook
We have our on emails to our business so [email protected]

I don"t think this is Gmail.

Peter

Thanks.

FYI we are so impressed with Iphone ability in other areas, going to get a Ipad tomorrow and link to phone. 6 year old daughter is soooo excited.

This is more personal than the business. Still assessing that one.

Peter

Definitely iphone. I understand that the company that makes blackberry is struggling financially and therefore, the brand could do defunct.

Out of curiosity, how do people handles sending emails or long messages on an iphone?!

It takes me a long time to type out an email on the touchscreen... so I got a HTC Desire Z with a keyboard and I'm really happy with it. Would never get a phone that didn't have a keyboard. Guess I'm just too used to having a physical keyboard...

The phone isn't really designed to send long emails anyway. It's just mainly used for checking emails if you're out and about.

Back