Ipswich Ceiling Height.

Hi All,

Can anyone tell us the minimum legal ceiling height for houses in the Ipswich area?

I believe it is 2.4m in Brisbane area but rumour has that it may be different.

TA

The 2.4m is the minimum ceiling height australia wide. as set set by the Building Codes of Australia.

actually it is 2.4 metres average ceiling height over the room ,this is to accomodate racked ceilings that fall below 2.4 metres

actually it is 2.4 metres average ceiling height over the room ,this is to accomodate racked ceilings that fall below 2.4 metres

That is still fine, this place is advertised as 5 bed room, but two down stairs have a flat ceilings at 2.27 metres

By racked ceiling do you mean exposed beams?

A raked ceiling is one where the ceiling height slopes down towards the outside wall, so the lowest part doesn't have to be "legal" height as long as a certain percentage of the room is over the height (that's my understanding of it anyway). I thought it was two thirds of the room had to be "legal" height or more, but wouldn't want to bet my life on it :p.

That is still fine, this place is advertised as 5 bed room, but two down stairs have a flat ceilings at 2.27 metres

By racked ceiling do you mean exposed beams?

you actually ahve a 3 bedroom house with an extra 2 utility rooms ,not 5 bedrooms

Back