Ipswich??????

I've read a little about Ipswich and it sounds like somewhere to consider for my first IP.

I've read through a few old threads but there doesn't appear to be anything in the past 2-3 months so sorry if I'm flogging a dead horse that has been discussed too many times.

Can any of you who know the area give me an idea of what suburbs would be worth considering?

I'm not entirely sure what my budget is but I'm thinking a medium type house, brick veneer.

Maybe $250-$350k?????? Or would this not be enough to get something decent?

I would definitely love some ideas on suburbs worth researching and any advice on the area, good points, good schools, good shopping centres to buy near, etc.

Thank you from a very grateful newbie.....

Lisa

ipswich and surrounding areas have seen a boom in both growth and housing development in recent years, this is predicted to continue.
You have a lot on new developments of mid priced homes in Collingwood park etc..while still maintaining fair prices inner ipswich cbd...buy the closest to cbd you can afford and you should be ok..lot of upgrades planned for that area in the very near future!

cheers

Major shortage of stock for sale in Ipswich. Only 81 houses listed in the QT newspaper for sale today. Of that, only 5 were under $250k.

For the type of house you are looking for try Yamanto. It has it's own shopping centre and isn't far from the major development of Ripley.
Check your soil and don't go for anything sitting on black soil.

It's funny you mention Yamanto Brenda because I was looking at some property there. How do I check the soil exactly????

I was also thinking Flinders View and possible Raceview?

Is there alot of demand for rental properties here?

I settled on a 3 bedroom weatherboard house in North Ipswich last month, paid the advertised price of $230,000. Would be hard pushed to get anything in the same area for that price now.:)
I like the area as it is walking distance to the new Riverlink Shopping Centre, Ipswich CBD and train station, and there is massive development going on hotel & apartment wise in the area.
I looked at a few brick houses in Raceview, they all needed underpinning as the area has a lot of blacksoil and they had subsided. I prefer houses on stumps, as they are (usually) much easier fixed.
If you have a budget up to $350,000, the Karalee area might fit, it is about an 8 minute drive to Ipswich CBD and mostly large houses on acreage. Rental returns are quite good too. I live in Karalee, but can't afford a rental property here :)

Thanks Kevin, I will

Hey Angela, what sort of rent will you get for that property? I might prefer to buy 2 around that sort of price, I think I could swing that sort of money. When you say North Ipswich, is it just called North Ipswich or are there suburbs within that area?

Hi Shuttergirl,

Here is the house I have just bought
http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...=&fmt=&header=&c=89244894&s=qld&tm=1186226452

I have just raised the rent to $240 per week. I will need to have some extra bracing put in the roof eventually, and the exterior paint needs doing as well, but I am happy with the price I paid as the cheapest house in the suburb is now $245000.
Other suburbs I was looking in, were Brassall, Woodend, Sadliers Crossing and East Ipswich. All very close to CBD.
If you have any questions about any Ipswich suburbs, ask away, I have lived here for over 35 years.:)

Back