Is 1.2m still possible for Killara Area in Sydney?

Guys,

For last few months, we have been looking for a house for less than 1.3m in Killara Area in Sydney including Gordon, Lindfield. I haven't had any luck yet. We intend to move in after the purchase. I am wondering if there is anyone doing the same? I will appreciate if you could share any of your thoughts or experiences. Thanks.

possibly hard

like a benz for a toyota price

BUT

you may get a hail damaged benz for near toyota price, so there may be some opportunities in the area you are looking for.

You will have to get very pro active to perhaps secure a quiet listing

ta

rolf

I know that the task is not easy at this current market. I checked the sale history, and found three properties were sold under 1.3m last month in Killara, and they all went through auction. We have been looking for 4 bedroom home, those sold only have three bedrooms. I guess we should start to look for those with 3 bedrooms now.

You'll be struggling .

If you go up to Turramurra , esp South or north , or wahroonga away from station . Doable . Also St Ives

Anything 1.3 in Killara / Gordan would probably have issues in terms of location and house.

That segment of the market is hot at the moment.

Cliff

You'll be struggling .

That segment of the market is hot at the moment.

Cliff

Yes, if the house appeals to Chinese buyers, but wrong side of the street or not grand enough then there is not nearly as much interest ATM. Surrounding areas especial St Ives are much more active. Also, Killara is a HUGE suburb with many markets within.

Where are you looking in Killara GoodDeal?

1.2 is bottom of the market and not specifically being targeted by the Chinese Buyers .

The Chinese are fighting over the street front , east side walk station , nothing to do properties , and those are selling for 2.2 - 2.7 as a starting price.

The 1.2 is the first time North shore buyer , who just wants anything they can afford

Cliff

Where are you looking in Killara GoodDeal?

Basically anywhere in the suburb will do for us. With our budget limit, I guess most probably it will be the south side of Pacify Highway, up to 20 to 30 mins walk to railway station or city bus.

The 1.2 is the first time North shore buyer , who just wants anything they can afford

I agree. Prior to set our target at Killara, we looked at Castle Hill, however, the price there went through the roof for last one and half years, with almost the same money we'd prefer to live in Killara, we may be able to find a place in a poorer condition, but we can improve it gradually.

I agree. Prior to set our target at Killara, we looked at Castle Hill, however, the price there went through the roof for last one and half years, with almost the same money we'd prefer to live in Killara, we may be able to find a place in a poorer condition, but we can improve it gradually.

THere are some smaller homes in Lindfield, south side, such as bent st. Not sure about 1.2m. The area you describe hasn't "boomed" like west pymble, turramurra and st ives so there may be some value left if you aren't that fussy on location or quality.

Absolutely agree about castle hill, no way I'd pay more to live there than in Killara, just crazy, which is one reason why I said it is not such a hot market as prices still show value compared to other lesser suburbs.

Absolutely agree about castle hill, no way I'd pay more to live there than in Killara, just crazy, which is one reason why I said it is not such a hot market as prices still show value compared to other lesser suburbs.

Yes, by my count, there was about avg. 300k grow in castle hill, but for Killara, I say, it was about 200k increase? I may be wrong though.

Here's the difference though, the quality of those 1.2-1.3 in the Hills will be higher than the 1.5's in Killara/Gordon/Pymble. We bought something in the Hills for 1.25 a year ago, the tenants recently offered 1.55 to buy it so we started looking over in the north. Had to decline their offer as we couldn't find anything that doesn't require $100k worth of reno's or achieve a similar level of yield.

Heck, if houses in Baulko are going for $1.1 is the norm...:eek:

What about over the river?

have you thought about Killarney Heights (probably getting tough, haven't looked for a few months) or Forestville, Frenchs Forest, Belrose. Depends if you're dependant on the train I suppose but they're closer to the beach :)

Back