Is $1700 reasonable estimate for garage roof replacement

Hi,
I have the coolest asbestos garage (artistically painted on the inside); but the roof need replacement (rusty and leaking) in Newcastle.
The dimension is approximately 6m*4 m and It currently hass 6 m long roof sheeting on it.
A roofer quoted $1700 to remove the old roof + put on new sheet and new barge(the asbestor bit that covered the edge of the tin roof on both sides).

Is this reasonable?

I have only had one quote as it is almost impossible to get any tradies coming out at this time of the year.

Thanks

Hi,
I finally got the roof done for $1450; with standard flushing, through a roofing company who subcontract to the small roofing guys who I think got the smallest share from the whole thing.
MKP

Gee is this for real.

Ive just paid $1400 for roofing materials alone for a small
laundry/shed and carport replacement which also includes guttering , still have to install myself.

I would not be losing those contact details if I was you for future projects.

How they can do that and aspestos removal is beyond me.

Hi NWW,
PM me and I will give you his contact. He wants more direct work anyway.
Mine was only a simple galvanized trimdek roofing + the flushing. So I think the material alone would have costed me around $700
If I dealt directly with the installer it would have only been about $1100; but I have had to go through his broker.
He was there for agood 3-4 hours with his offsider.

Gee is this for real.

Ive just paid $1400 for roofing materials alone for a small
laundry/shed and carport replacement which also includes guttering , still have to install myself.

I would not be losing those contact details if I was you for future projects.

How they can do that and aspestos removal is beyond me.

Back