Is anyone else annoyed with re.com.au???

I got annoyed when they took the 'Sort by' function off the main search page. Now, you have to do your search, get your list THEN sort by latest/price etc.

They are all slow in removing sold properties from their websites.

I use both but I prefer to use Domain because they are sorting their properties automatically in price order (I want to see the cheapest ones first).

With RE.com their properties are initially all over the shop and I have to remember to sort them out, but on the other hand they have the VIEW ON MAP function which I often find very handy.

Cheers

Removing sold properties is the responsibility of the agent (on RE anyway). Of course the RE agents like the exposure, so leave them on as long as possible.:rolleyes:

It's not hard to sort out the townhouses and units from the houses on RE.com.au.

Choose your state, then click on "click here for more search options". This page gives extra parameters and has a box to put in the minimum land size. I find that 300 sqm eliminates units and townhouses, but the occasional duplex will slip through. This page also lets you sort by price or latest listing.
Marg

It's not hard to sort out the townhouses and units from the houses on RE.com.au.

Choose your state, then click on "click here for more search options". This page gives extra parameters and has a box to put in the minimum land size. I find that 300 sqm eliminates units and townhouses, but the occasional duplex will slip through. This page also lets you sort by price or latest listing.
Marg

Great advice, thanx I will try this in the future...:)

I just entered Coorparoo for rentals and sales of houses into both sites and got 6 rentals with Domain and 20 with realestate.com, 42 houses for sale Domain and 63 houses with realestate.com.

I never use Domain, and possibly it is more used in places other than Brisbane.

Wylie

Last edited:
I just entered Coorparoo for rentals and sales of houses into both sites and got 6 rentals with Domain and 20 with realestate.com, 42 houses for sale Domain and 63 houses with realestate.com.

I never use Domain, and possibly it is more used in places other than Brisbane.

Wylie

But how many of re.com.au's listings are old or sold? They might have more listed than domain but if half of them no longer exist then its pointless.

Having a chat with my selling agent on Sunday, he said he doesn't wate any timr with Domain. He just uses the franchise website ie. Century 21 and REA.com.au He says he often gets phone calls within 20mins of having it put up on REA.

I went to look at a unit yesterday that I saw on RE.com.au and when I got there there was an Under Contract sticker on the sign and no inspection. The thing that annoyed me was that the inspection times were still posted up. I'm partly to blame as I didn't ring the agent but I dont see why you should have ring an agent everytime you want to go to an inspection.

I went to look at a unit yesterday that I saw on RE.com.au and when I got there there was an Under Contract sticker on the sign and no inspection. The thing that annoyed me was that the inspection times were still posted up. I'm partly to blame as I didn't ring the agent but I dont see why you should have ring an agent everytime you want to go to an inspection.

but i wonder who is to blame there , RE.com.au for not taking it off or the agent for not letting them know.
ive done the same - very frustrating , gone to watch an auction only to find out it was sold previous , but it is never going to be perfect and whilst there are frustrations , i couldnt imagine things without RE.com au

re.com provides the service, they have nothing to do with what goes up and how long it stays there - its entirely up to the agent.

my earlier post should explain the under contract sticker question

What really annoys me is the fact that re.com.au does not accept Private ads (for sales and rentals):mad: . I understand it is due to the fact that they make all of their money from agents and the agents don't want private ads there. But i still don't get it as to why they wouldn't take the money from private sellers - it is not like it would cost them anything at all and they receive more income.

It suprises me that the newspaper still accept ads for private sales, as they get heaps of cash from agents as well. Lucky they do, otherwise there would be no-where for private sellers and landlords to advertise.:eek:

Marg

You will also miss houses where the land size is not quoted. Still, not a bad way of knocking our units etc.

TB

Another way to separate the houses from the townhouses on realestate.com.au is to set up your entries in the "my alert". In the "my alerts" you can enter only houses for your chosen suburbs.

cheers WB

WOW! Very impressed with the new feature added this morning! When you look at the map at the bottom of a property - every block now has the street number on it, which makes is MUCH easier to find the block you're looking at as the old flag didn't always fall in the correct location.

Now that is very convenient!

Back