Is investing in Doveton sensible?

Have you considered Clayton?

Something like this:

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-apartment-vic-clayton-108287891

Then you could rent out the second bedroom to a student from the uni. But you must consider what things you like/dislike.

If you've never shared a flat before, then you probably wouldn't want to start now.

All the best, I hope you come back and show us what you end up purchasing.

Thanks a lot..I saw this flat 1 month ago..good location. condistion inside is terrible. Plus almost all the windows are covered by trees outside so it looks so dark inside the room.

Interesting thing is after around 1 month.. This flat is still there. AND NOW the whole building is on sale..haha.. 3 million dollars for the whole building ( 11 units)...Whole building on sale without a new approved plan..Strange ha.;)

Thanks a lot..I saw this flat 1 month ago..good location. condistion inside is terrible. Plus almost all the windows are covered by trees outside so it looks so dark inside the room.

Interesting thing is after around 1 month.. This flat is still there. AND NOW the whole building is on sale..haha.. 3 million dollars for the whole building ( 11 units)...Whole building on sale without a new approved plan..Strange ha.;)

got a link?

Clayton's a terrible place to invest right now. The clamp down on immigration and the high AUD has meant Monash uni's enrolments are down massively, meaning less students to rent your houses.

the biggest letdown is that train crossing which jams up the roads off clayton rd. sometimes it takes 30-40 mins just to get across to the other side

Oh, yeah, Clayton is rotten. But so is all of that train line.

Noble Park is two suburbs. People talk and nod knowingly to each other when they find out what side of the train line they are on. South is probably better in that more brick houses (migrants like bricks) and less dense - but only advantage is that it's close to Parkmore. North is older, has more units/flats/townhouses but is 15 min to Chadstone, 8 minutes to Monash Medical, 4 to Eastlink etc etc.

Springvale is the same - a suburb divided by a train line.

Sorry Hikeven when I linked to that flat, I didn't realise it was the whole block as I just searched for places under $350,000 and it came up.

Oh, yeah, Clayton is rotten. But so is all of that train line.

Noble Park is two suburbs. People talk and nod knowingly to each other when they find out what side of the train line they are on. South is probably better in that more brick houses (migrants like bricks) and less dense - but only advantage is that it's close to Parkmore. North is older, has more units/flats/townhouses but is 15 min to Chadstone, 8 minutes to Monash Medical, 4 to Eastlink etc etc.

Springvale is the same - a suburb divided by a train line.

Sorry Hikeven when I linked to that flat, I didn't realise it was the whole block as I just searched for places under $350,000 and it came up.

Thanks Mandy..I just happened to see the whole building is on the market so bring this up coz someone might be interested.lol:D

Clayton's a terrible place to invest right now. The clamp down on immigration and the high AUD has meant Monash uni's enrolments are down massively, meaning less students to rent your houses.

Our unit in Clayton has actually never had students as tenants - even though we expected it.... usually couples and small families.

The Y-man

While I agree Mandy, what else do you expect for those areas? All the areas with the good pubs, restaurants, bars etc are in the inner-city with prices more than double that of the budget in question - like Richmond, South Yarra et al.

Sorry Aaron didn't see this post.

I am biased coz I've spent most of my adult life in St Kilda, so that's where I was thinking. It's possible to grab something in his price range there.

And, well, I do expect to be able to get a decent coffee. It's a disgrace that the best coffee in the suburb comes from the Salvos. I've just spent five months in the outback and when I get back to Melbourne I want to enjoy a decent coffee even if I live in a crappy suburb. Hahaha.

Anyway, I think this discussion has moved on......

Hi,

I'm looking to invest and found few properties under 320 K in this area with the option of sub divide.

I know this post is bit old and want to know your views?

cosy

Back