Is it just me, or is there a change on this forum?

It seems to me that more and more people are flocking to this forum wanting to buy their first IP. It might just be my perception, but it really feels like it to me.

If this is true, I'm guessing that's just another sign of the current boom not being isolated to Brisbane, inner Melbourne and western Sydney, but that it could become wider spread than that.

It seems to me that more and more people are flocking to this forum wanting to buy their first IP. It might just be my perception, but it really feels like it to me.

If this is true, I'm guessing that's just another sign of the current boom not being isolated to Brisbane, inner Melbourne and western Sydney, but that it could become wider spread than that.

yes true i got recommended to this site by a friend

I'm seeing a lot more people through the doors at work as well.

I'm a newby to the forum and work full time in property. In Brisy in my area we had almost no investors buying last year, now 50% of buyers below $500k are investors.
As mentioned by another its starting to feel like the early 2000s.

Yeah there is a lot more chatter on the interwebz about rising RE markets. Spludgey, are you the same spludgey from OCAU? Coz the housing thread there is gaining momentum, was dead for the past 2 years

I have just become active on this forum and will recommend to my clients as I learn new information whenever I come on. I think we are at the start of something interesting. Six + months ago things started picking up in Perth as reflected in the increase in valuations in comparison to 6-12 months prior. On average 5-10% and yields are 5-6%. The rental market is starting to cool off if you go by this article though;
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-07-18/has-perth27s-rental-bubble-burst3f/4827906
I think it is due to the renters buying a property to some degree which indicates a start of an upswing!

I'm a newby to the forum and work full time in property. In Brisy in my area we had almost no investors buying last year, now 50% of buyers below $500k are investors.
As mentioned by another its starting to feel like the early 2000s.

Is this also happening in the Gold Coast area?

It's not just Western Sydney . It's all of Sydney and early movement in the Cntral Coast .

It's not just first time buyers . It's also people like me who haven't been around much for a while. I'm seeing what's happening and I've re engaged with the forum so I can watch more closely . ( While Mark B , might think I'm the reason this is happening :cool: I'm not ...:eek:)

I talked with a local Banker yesterday and she reported a continued stream of ongoing applications ( ie , it's not about to stop in the next month )

Cliff

Yes, even I have obtained LOC from local bank.

As an aside, but quite relevant to the "newbie" topic/ idealogy you wont use your big LOC to buy a place will you ?

Im sure the banker advised you that once you have drawn the funds to switch and split out all the used component into a Term loan with a 10 year IO period.

You already know the reasons and probably asked the banker the same about the "reviewability" of the LOC product - because some lenders even have "repayable on demand" in their LOC product contracts.

BTW, when you get your CIP, being a risk cautious fellow, perhaps look at smaller brands of money that offer NON reviewable loans CIP loans which your current bank does not

ta

rolf

Is this also happening in the Gold Coast area?
MTR, I am not as close to the Gold Coast market but I believe this has been moving for a while now.
Our office at surfers has been the top performing office in Qld for some time as far as $ turnover. I think this was investors bargain hunting, although would have thought some of them must be members and would have posted?
I looked at Gold Coast and Cairns a few years ago and ended up buying in Gladstone (3 properties) in hindsight should have purchased one in each as Gladstone was at the peak and dropped and Cairns and Gold Coast was at bottom and looks like growth. Only worry is tenants availability.

Hi Spludgey

I think there's been near on 50 new members since the start of August alone

The leading indicators bode well

Do you ever notice that once you start a new hobby or activity you suddenly notice everyone around you doing it. For example you start riding a bicycle to work and all of a sudden you notice all the other cyclists riding to work.

Well perhaps it is that but all of a sudden I am hearing A LOT of chatter at work about people buying property. Almost every day it seems there is someone talking about property at work.

Follow the herd

Hiya

In this past week alone:eek:, i have had 4 people ask me to let them know if anyone living around me (Pennant Hills) wants a private sale.........:eek:

My builder has made me a verbal offer of a million for my house:D BUT where am i going to move to?:p

Strange isn't it this herd mentality? i call it the AOLO syndrome (Afraid of Losing Out:D)

Back