Is now a bad time to buy?

Just the vals. Unfortunately if I sold them I couldn't get the 1m due to CGT and agent fees which would wipe out say 700-800k. Both places positively gear so if there was ever a sale I would at least wait another 10 months to get CGT discount if the market has not tanked then.

Hard to say.

First purchase was probably a combination of:
- relatively weak market at time of purchase
- relatively long settlement
- the price range being outside the interest of people who look in that area
- subdivision could be done in a day (permits were in place, but people ignored that)
- substantial pick up in that particular area/type of properties in 2013
- prime blue chip location for this type of property

Second purchase was a combination of:
- off-market deal (market/agents were not aware of the deal)
- there was no "market rent" in place (because the vendor was the lessee)
- vendor who was 70 and owned the property for 40 years just wanted to sell and didn't want to do the whole auction process
- prime blue chip location for this type of property

So in both cases, you could argue the purchase price was grossly undervalued, perhaps even for the time of acquiring.

Yep, sounds more like your paper gains are because you got a couple of good deals, not because the value has increased. I take it they're both commercial properties?

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

ok can anybody explain to me what this means??? this is a page from the latest API, by Lindeman

you've got Figure 5 which basically shows the relationship betweeen house prices and buyer/seller market, which is good

then you have 10 pie graphs that make no sense to me.

its got charts of each city in current and forecast,

but what on earth does a "sydney first homebuyer forecast suburb types of housing market" actually show!!!!!

it says that a booming suburb is 20% of sydney, 25% of melbourne, 7% in Bris, 0% in adelaide, and 35% in perth

which indicates that for guanrateed CG Perth, is by far number one, whilst melbourne slightly ahead of sydney, while brisbane lags quite far behind!!

I thought overall, perth was cooling off to stabilsing due to recent growth and reduction in mining, sydneys boom as well started, brisbane is about to start, with melbourne following behind next.....

I need a translator

Attachments

• IMG.pdf
    913.2 KB · Views: 134
Back