Record of a Doom and Gloom Guru

We all know by now the well-publicised notoriety of self-presumed D&G master SK and his betting loss against a less flamboyant economic statistician.

Here is a sober assessment of the record of overseas guru of bubbles HD acclaimed by many bubble followers in Australian:

http://rpseawright.wordpress.com/2014/02/14/big-buy-signal/

It is a lesson to choose moderation when big claims are made. A reader SS gave this comment:

"Harry Dent claims he has made many successful predictions in the past. As one who has followed his predictions for more than a decade I can say I have always lost money whenever I listened to him. The great boom that was supposed to peak in 2009/10 never happened. The second great depression that was to start around 2010, we are still waiting with trepidation four years on. Yes there was the GFC in 2008, but this was just when the great boom was supposed to be taking off. I am drawn to reading his predictions like a moth to a flame, it never does me any good."

My experience has been to be very skeptical when gurus are flush with exaggerated claims. It has served me steadily and comfortably.

Hasn't he got one book titled "the boom ahead" or similar and also one titled "The doom ahead". ie one each way. Maybe they were written far apart?

so after reading that , on average you would have been better off to buy when he says sell and sell when he says buy .

Great another confirmation sign that things are only going to get better :D

Cliff

so after reading that , on average you would have been better off to buy when he says sell and sell when he says buy .

Great another confirmation sign that things are only going to get better :D

Cliff

I love this, we should all be tracking Dent and basically do the opposite and you will be in front, perhaps most smart investors are doing this :p

My take is be skeptical, be aware but not alarmed! "... a wise man keeps himself under control." - a parallel with Buffet philosophy.
:)

Back