Is 'poo' an acceptable word on this forum?!

Help, please! I'm currently preparing a house for sale. Every day I turn up at the property a dog has left a beautiful present (sometimes several) for me on the back lawn, which is fully enclosed.:( I've fixed the fences and gates, but somehow the beast is still getting in. Perhaps the owner is holding the gate open for it! Can't lock the gates as tradies still need access.

Does anyone know of any product or trick to discourage dogs. Yes, I've already had thoughts of firearms!!

Thanks!

itinerantotter said:
Help, please! I'm currently preparing a house for sale. Every day I turn up at the property a dog has left a beautiful present (sometimes several) for me on the back lawn, which is fully enclosed.:( I've fixed the fences and gates, but somehow the beast is still getting in. Perhaps the owner is holding the gate open for it! Can't lock the gates as tradies still need access.

Does anyone know of any product or trick to discourage dogs. Yes, I've already had thoughts of firearms!!

Thanks!

A bigger dog......:D

Cheers,

The Y-man

Have you thought about getting a Lock Box?

Padlock the gate, put the key into the lock box and give the tradeys the combination.

Unless the dog belongs to one of the tradeys???

asy :D

http://www.padlocks4less.com/ click on "Key storage lock boxes"

I remember years back when people used to place empty 2 litre milk bottles all over the yard. Dunno if this method worked, but it sure made the yard interesting to look at :D

RJ

ramone_johnny said:
I remember years back when people used to place empty 2 litre milk bottles all over the yard. Dunno if this method worked, but it sure made the yard interesting to look at :D

RJ

I think the strategy was to put bottles full of water around the lawn to discourage dogs - the theory is that dogs wont foul near their water supply.

I have no idea if it works or is an urban legend.

Perhaps Jamie will mythbust it for me...

Thanks for all your scintillating suggestions, guys. I was going to try the bottle-full-of-water trick - perhaps it is an urban myth, as I haven't seen any round for a long time. Also was going to try mothballs.

However, I've tracked down a couple of products at City Farmers: 'Stop' and 'Get off my Garden'.:D Will let you know if they work.

Cheers

Of course the other option is not to waste time hunting down solutions and just use a plastic bag to remove the turd - should take you less that 30 seconds to scoop it and put in the bin....

Simon said:
Of course the other option is not to waste time hunting down solutions and just use a plastic bag to remove the turd - should take you less that 30 seconds to scoop it and put in the bin....

Of course that's what I have been doing, Simon. But I'm not there every day and I'm going OS on Wednesday. All I need is a tradie to walk it into the house while I'm gone.:mad:

Cheers

itinerantotter said:
Of course that's what I have been doing, Simon. But I'm not there every day and I'm going OS on Wednesday. All I need is a tradie to walk it into the house while I'm gone.:mad:

Cheers

Good point. If your tradies are like my recent ones then they will just be functioning at about 30% normal brain capacity of a normal human. Much of that capacity will be involved in organising a pie and choc milk for smoko and talking sport to each other.

Simon said:
Much of that capacity will be involved in organising a pie and choc milk for smoko and talking sport to each other.

Yes, what is it with tradies and coffee / choc milk:confused:

The tradies I use are pretty good - it's their apprentices and TAs that can sometimes be a problem (thoughtless more than anything).

Cheers

ramone_johnny said:

RJ

Oops! I meant full bottles of water! :p Im on a roll today!

RJ

Try sprinkling cayene pepper around. Dogs tend to sniff around just before they drop a deposit. The cayene will burn the nostrils and the dog will be too busy sneezing to drop any nasty surprises. It will not return soon.

Brenda Irwin said:
Try sprinkling cayene pepper around. Dogs tend to sniff around just before they drop a deposit. The cayene will burn the nostrils and the dog will be too busy sneezing to drop any nasty surprises. It will not return soon.

:D Now that's an idea, Brenda. Have already sprinkled 'Scram Garden Granules', so we'll see what's what when I return in a week.

Cheers

my parents had the same problem now the have 2 coke bottles full of water
it seem's to work .
also have you checked if 1 of your neighbours could be throwing there
dog stuff over your fence.

I suppose you could say POO is a dirty word when we refer to- Price of Oil-- especially if UR just a petrol buyer and not into Oil shares-- The pepper sprinkling works-- as I had all ready suggested on another thread. Also it is an immutable Law of building/ subbie wrangling that if you have a pristine cement pad the subbies will park their truck there,let the oil drip onto the driveway or slab then walk through that particular patch and walk it into the house. They will also be outraged if you put down drop sheets all over the house-- they will kick them aside .We call it the "Dogs through wet cement rule"

Back