Is there much left in "ADELAIDE MARKET" ???

Hi Folks,

I have been wondering for a while what is the situation in Adelaide, i.e. at what stage of the property cycle it is??

I know it was a ideal time to buy about an year and half ago in Adelaide.

What are your views about Adelaide's property in the next 3 to 4 years.

I wish to invest in two properties, especially houses with each around 300 to 350k.

I intend to keep these properties for 10 years + but but I am looking for short term capital appreciation as well, which will help me to buy more.

So, what do you think Will it be wise to enter Adelaide market or look elsewhere in Australia.

If yes, which areas/suburbs shall I concentrate on in Adelaide.

I will greatly appreciate your comments or any alternate strategy inputs.

Take my post with a grain of salt as Im very much a novice.....and hopefully a few more experienced investors can add replies for you.

From what Ive seen and read Adelaide appears to have roughly 2 more yrs of reasonable growth left in the cycle. Not as good as the previous yr (20% ish) but still quite reasonable.

This is all speculation obviously, but what appears to be happening is that WA boomed and the housing prices there can be exhorbitant, now theres a lot of cashed up miners looking elswhere.
Voila, Adelaide is still comparitively very cheap, so the prices here still have a fair amount of space to move up, and the additional cash from the miners looking to invest (coupled with the fact that SA appears to be experiencing its own mining boom) and it looks like Adelaide may be a good deal.

Obviously where you buy has to be taken into consideration, and all this talk of recession has me sitting tight. Because until the dust settles a little God knows what were looking at.

Hi Folks,

I have been wondering for a while what is the situation in Adelaide, i.e. at what stage of the property cycle it is??

So, what do you think Will it be wise to enter Adelaide market or look elsewhere in Australia.

I will greatly appreciate your comments or any alternate strategy inputs.

I think Adelaide has a lot of growth....albiet it will grow more like 5-10% this year instead of 20% growth.

Have a look at Salisbury and Elizabeth. This is where the jobs and infrastructure is going in. :D

As mentioned before, the growth will start to slow down but if your looking at a period over 10 years there's not much to worry about if you buy the right property.

A report recently said the government has a target population of 2 million for the state by 2050. Experts believe we will need more people because of all the economic oportunities that will be available.

So going by this information, there should be a steady demand for property in the state even if it is only a few % growth per year.

Any thoughts?

I think the market has slowed here in Adelaide, as a Real Estate agent I have noticed a change in the market in he past month or so, but I believe the investment dollar coming in to South Australia due to the mining buzz (especially in the North of Adelaide) will allow the growth to continue, as previously mentioned not at the rate we have seen in the past year but still steady.

Cheers

Back