Jordans Springs

If you're looking for low maintenance and neutrally geared passive investment it may work. But as with all 'New' suburbs of this ilk it likely has a premium price due to developers margins and stagnation in prices once the marketers leave.

For someone looking to live in reasonable proximity to Penrith in a nicely manicured and thought out suburb, its not bad as far as new suburbs go.

Will it outperform the averages over the next 10 years? I'm not convinced. Are there better places to park $500K plus, absolutely.

There is huge population growth slated for Penrith along with infrastructure investment but as already mentioned these products are usually sold at a premium.

Agree Sebastian....I think there are certainly far better places to invest $500k + than a new planned suburb.

Thanks for all the comments ...

The attraction for me (long term) is that's it's brand new and close to good shopping, hospital, train, uni, etc...

The landscaping and lake is pretty neat too.

I am looking for a neutrally, slightly negatively geared IP with long term CG potential. I am not after a fixer upper or apartment.

So this is expensive relative to other IP's in Penrith ?

Jordan Springs isn't really that close to any of those amenities. On paper it doesn't look far from the middle of Penrith but with The Northern Rd being one of only two roads in from the north it gets pretty busy in peak hour.

Have you considered the new estate right alongside Penrith Station (off Coreen Ave)? I'd say you'd never be tenant-free in that spot. Hard to imagine houses there, I remember watching the Army boys playing volleyball there sans shirts in my school days while waiting for the train...

I would definitely say expensive compared to other IP's in Penrith. The development is not even near finished and the traffic is already pretty horrible, it is near to a not so nice part of Penrith also. Agree with above the new development off Coreen Avenue is within walking distance to everything. I have an IP not far from there and it does pretty well!

Back