Jude H on Today Tonight

Segment with myself and my son will air Fri 6/12.

Pete, thanks for your kind words. Warning to stay away came a bit late my friend. :) Naive or what???

Last words in the promo are ..."Smart parenting or robbing him of his childhood?".

Still the good thing is that I really don't give two hoots how it is perceived. My son saw the promo and said " That's Bull***t, I'm the one that wants to do it".

Ever the optimist, maybe it will be ok. :rolleyes:

I say go go go to both of you and I am looking forward to hearing as much of "your"story as they will possibly tell us.
You would be being a bad parent if you had the knowlege and DIDNT pass it on to your kids or encourage them to be smart with their money.
Keep doing what works for both of you I say!

Thanks for the words Gee Vee. They actually did ask me what if 'viewerland' did not agree with what we were doing. Replied that I didn't care. My son will be retired at 30 and theirs won't be. I probably shouldn't have to explain it here but retire is not sit on your bum at 30, but freedom of choice at 30, now that's cool!!

Michael nice to hear your voice again. If they're mean will you fix them up for me?? Same payment for your last bit of help. Remember BBQ 2001? :D

When I saw the advert I thought "hmm she looks familiar, I think I saw her at one of the first IP get-togethers, I think her name is Jude..yes..Jude from the forum.."

And it is you :D

So here I am saying what an inspirational mother you are, I hope that I can so aspire to teach my 13 y/o brother !

Jude,

Welcome back!!

You've been away too long!!

I saw it on TV last night and I knew that must be someone I know!! :D

<see you on TV tonight!!>

Jude,

I saw the ad while waiting on a train station today (big TV panels on Sydney city train platforms)...

Have to say, not a positive spin...

Jas

Jude,

It was quite a good article - screened 1/2 hour late in Sydney but was very positive.

Steve navra also got a good look in.

Well done Jude, positive press like that might make some other parents start thinking about what they teach their kids :)

Cheers,

Aceyducey

My Hero!!

Jude H,
Saw the story and Your my LATEST hero! My wife is now trying to figure out if our kids would try to live by the same financial principles.
I think that the show doesn't put you in a bad light, rather shows a responsiblity that parents have been neglecting.
Tell us more...much more.

Thanks to you all for your positive words.

I must admit that after seeing the promo I was quite worried about how it would be portrayed. The reporter rang me today and she assured me that it would all be in a positive light.

I am pleased that the message I wanted to get across was what I had hoped for.

It really does sound corny but when you get to a certain place in your own life, then helping others achieve their goals is very rewarding and fulfilling. Hopefully that was achieved in some small way.

OK, end of corn... now you can bag me!!!

:D

FAntastic Jude, Andrew and Matthew...

Well done!!

I'm glad the spin doctors didn't get to the story!!

My kids watched it and Sasha said, hey mum, can I meet that boy?...

Then he said, Hey mummy, can we do that here too???

I told him he'd have to wait until he was 10...

Well done, again...

Please bring Andrew into the chat... we wanna talk to him!!

asy :D

Yeah Jude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Jude!

(Sorry, just could not resist that one despite understanding that you've probably heard it a million times before)

Well done, the show made you and your son look great. My 9 year old daughter watched very closely and I guess I'll have some more questions soon.

You are an inspiration Jude and you deserve the praise. Enjoy it!

Dale

Back