Juicer

Wow, that looks like a serious Juicer!

We bought a Juicer about 12 months ago with the intentions of making juice weekly.. I think we have used it maybe twice in these 12 months.

The idea and concept behind having one is great.. but actually getting around to use it is another thing!

I was at the home ideas show and I seen this blender that was amazing, you could blend anything in it, no matter how hard it was. It also heated the ingredients up, so you could add a while heap of veggies and it heated them up to make soup.. now that thing was great! - was about $750 from what I remember.

Sure do, LearningMan.

Have a 'Samson' which from a quick glance, looks very similar. Have owned it a few years now and it is great. Highly recommend it.

What about you? Planning to purchase?

Regards,

LMFAO - a juicer that costs $750.

we have a plastic decor one - you know, the one you

*crowd gasps*

juice the fruit yourself...?

Yours is based on the Champion, which I used a lot in the 80s when I was quite ill. Went through the whole fasting and wheatgrass regimen.

I am an advocate of juicing, as long as you take mainly vege juice with meals (fruit juice has a stack of Cals and will get absorbed through your gut a lot quicker and spike your blood sugar, which hammers your pancreas)

Let's see you hand grind the juice out of wheatgrass or beetroot BC :p

Yours is based on the Champion, which I used a lot in the 80s when I was quite ill. Went through the whole fasting and wheatgrass regimen.

I am an advocate of juicing, as long as you take mainly vege juice with meals (fruit juice has a stack of Cals and will get absorbed through your gut a lot quicker and spike your blood sugar, which hammers your pancreas)

Like you WW, we have a champion juicer as well. We've had it for over 12 years now and it's never missed a beat. It grabs every single drop of juice out of the fruit and vegies ... excellent machine .. highly recommend.

Not sure of the cost these day's, but worth a few hundred when we purchased.

Martin

I purchased a Russell Hobbs one from the local Harvey Norman. I think from memory it was around the $100 mark. It's perfect for my needs. I wouldn't buy a really expensive one unless you had seriously gotten into the habit of juicing every day. But in reality, the one I have is excellent and does the job just fine!

we do have an electric juicer - i was making a point that 750 is a ludicrous price to pay.

ours was $160 and does whole apples. if you need anything more, open up a juice bar!

we do have an electric juicer - i was making a point that 750 is a ludicrous price to pay.

ours was $160 and does whole apples. if you need anything more, open up a juice bar!

fair go BC, there's no way a reasonable person would interpret what you said initially as a $160 juicer that does apples. more like you were incinerating you had a piece of plastic with ridges that you twist fruit on.

unlike you to be so sloppy with your verbiage.

Back