Just spotted this sweet deal!

they are selling it short in the add... its listed as a 1x1 but there are two busses!!!

some great town names out there.... Humpty Doo, Wak Wak, Freds Pass

its like they ran outa ideas :)

What I want to know is how the hell did you end up searching for property in Humpty Doo???

I didn't even know it existed.....

What I want to know is how the hell did you end up searching for property in Humpty Doo???

I didn't even know it existed.....

You obviously have no Kulture sir and have never heard Ted Egan sing "The Man from Humpty-Doo" :confused:

Ted Egan said:
Take a gander at my gaggle of geese, said the man from Humpty-Doo...
;)

What makes people think that some bush in the middle of nowhere with a shack on it is worth 300,400,500k+? Are they just delusional?

I can see how you'd think that, but those prices are pretty close to what the properties will sell for. as crappy as they are! Can you imagine the prices of lots this size if they were located that close to Sydney, or Melbourne..? A sign of things to come maybe?

Acerage 25 mins from Darwin city is well sought after and has held it's value. Generally the closer the better (and more expensive) A 5 acre block in Howard Springs 25 mins from Darwin just sold within days for $500k with nothing on it.
http://www.realestate.com.au/property-lifestyle-nt-howard+springs-7401416

Lots of people enjoy their piece and quiet and if they can afford it will move from the noisy suburbs. We did! and it's really awesome. Friends of ours have just bought 20 acres in Darwin River which is 60 minutes drive from town and it backs onto the river, the house has flooded during cyclone Carlos and they're still buying it for $500k

Back