kallangur Heating up in SE Qld

Exactly.
We got married in 1980 and lived at Lawnton, 55 minutes by train each way. There is no way we could afford to live in Brisbane anywhere. Even Bald Hills was 30 - 50% more expensive than over the border in Strathpine and Lawnton.

Lawnton in those days was in a 1960s time warp, but North Lakes this week is looking awesome. Yesterday the motorway was closed for a major crash, so I got to drive via Warner (investment no go) Petrie and Kallangur. Thinking of you guys, I noticed that the main street of Kallangur is nice with all the trees, but it is still Anzac Avenue with statues of WW1 soldiers along the street. Would that freak out some younger people?

When you cross the Motorway to North Lakes you definitely enter another time zone. It is actually quite nice, modern with lots of trees, parks and all the modern stuff like traffic flow.

Have been away from the site for a little while and boy oh boy have I opened a can of worms.

Yes we are interested in investing in Kallangur partly due to Margaret Lomas but do intend to hold on for the long term.

I can't afford close to the city if I want to build a Portfolio up and at the end of the day we all do our research make the best decision we can make but only time will tell what happens.

Outer suburbs do move in price.

cheers Jo:)

Hi Jo,

Did you end up buying a property or not ?

I have been following Kallangur for a while and moved away last year. Trying to look into that again. New townhouse in Brickworkds Road for around 310K

What do you think?

Cheers
Rajan

The new train line is meeting at Petrie. Does it mean Petrie would get more frequent train services?

Potentially, yes, as it's a junction station and all trains will almost certainly stop there.

It's a bit less certain with smaller stations towards the city from Petrie.

It could either be both lines stopping all stations or one line running express (probably the longest one ie Caboolture). So smaller stations inbound might get Kippa Ring trains only.

Back