keep getting subscribed :(

i keep coming across these little ticks that say i've subscribed to specific threads, but (apart from the fact that i don't receive te emails for them)

i've never actually subscribed to them, so how am i being auto subscribed, is there some sort of setting ?

If you reply to a thread, you automatically get subscribed IF in your User Control Panel under "Edit Options" you've got "Default Thread Subscription Mode" set to anything other than "Do not Subscribe"

As for not getting the emails.. perhaps the email address you have registered with somersoft is out of date?

nope, email address is definitely corerct, i've received emails from some forum members too.

"do not subscribe" is the default option.. and it would happen all the time, not just sometimes if i had something else checked..

Very strange ... I confirm that your account is not set to auto-subscribe. Not sure why it would be doing this - will need to look into it.

I take it you are seeing the little tick shown in the attached screenshot ?

Attachments

• tick.png
    tick.png
    5.6 KB · Views: 61
Ahh okay ... are you on dialup or broadband ?

This is actually a bug (kindof) caused by people replying to posts too quickly (before the page has fully loaded) :D Very difficult to reproduce - but there were enough reports of similar problems that the software developers were able to deduce the problem.

It has been fixed in a newer version of vBulletin, so the problem should go away next time I upgrade (we're a couple of versions behind now ... will upgrade soon).

Back