Kevin Green - Property Portfolio of 29mil POUNDS!

For anyone interested, Kevin Green (?) who apparently has a property portfolio of 29 Million Pounds is about to come onto 2GB Radio and give us some tips on the best suburbs to buy in Sydney.

He has a few free Seminars in Sydney coming up.

I hope it is interesting. :D

Regards JO

I wish that a gentleman who I met in the States last year would do a speaking tour.

Bob (named changed) is a softly spoken, very humble Texas gentleman who was the vendor of a property I was interested in buying. He met with me because the $2M property I was interested in was the smallest in his portfolio, and the first investment property he bought, 40 years ago, so he had some sentimental attachment to it. He'd also bought it with a friend, who'd remained his business partner for 40 years but was now dying of cancer, so he was keen to get a sale from a legitimate buyer. His business partner had not bought anything else since and needed the sale proceeds urgently, whereas Bob - ahem - he definitely had continued buying. ;)

Bob served in the USAF in WWII and spent some of that time in Brisbane, so when he heard I was from Brisbane and used to be in the Air Force, he asked to meet with me, and we went to a diner with our respective agents and "shot the breeze" for a couple of hours.

I very much enjoyed speaking with him. I got the impression from speaking with him that he had quite a sizable portfolio, and we did talk about his investments in oil, which had done very well for him over the years. We talked aviation (he is licenced to fly 11 aircraft types, and he owns about 6 of them), and shared rehab (renovation) and property management stories, and basically had a jolly good chat. We also discussed my plans for the property I was interested in, and he gave me what I'm sure was some excellent advice.

After we'd said goodbye, my agent told me that Bob owned fifty-nine thousand - yep, 59,000 - apartments. Let me say that again. FIFTY NINE THOUSAND. These were on around 400 titles, so an average 150-ish apartments per complex (they do things big over there). I remember thinking that it couldn't be true, that it must be an urban legend. But I did some sums and even if the units were all in the DFW area, it has a population of 6M and this would still represent only a small portion - ~ 2% - of the housing stock. And some of his holdings were in other cities and states, so I believe it's quite possibly true.

His "oil investments" turned out to be oil wells, which he owned in entirety, including some wells in the famous urban oilfields in the centre of Los Angeles. He'd bought up a "handful" of oil wells during some period in the 60s or 70s when they were going for a song - they've done rather nicely for him. ;) He modestly said they gave him some "pocket money".

I wish that a gentleman who I met in the States last year would do a speaking tour.

Bob (named changed) is a softly spoken, very humble Texas gentleman who was the vendor of a property I was interested in buying. He met with me because the $2M property I was interested in was the smallest in his portfolio, and the first investment property he bought, 40 years ago, so he had some sentimental attachment to it. He'd also bought it with a friend, who'd remained his business partner for 40 years but was now dying of cancer, so he was keen to get a sale from a legitimate buyer. His business partner had not bought anything else since and needed the sale proceeds urgently, whereas Bob - ahem - he definitely had continued buying. ;)

Bob served in the USAF in WWII and spent some of that time in Brisbane, so when he heard I was from Brisbane and used to be in the Air Force, he asked to meet with me, and we went to a diner with our respective agents and "shot the breeze" for a couple of hours.

I very much enjoyed speaking with him. I got the impression from speaking with him that he had quite a sizable portfolio, and we did talk about his investments in oil, which had done very well for him over the years. We talked aviation (he is licenced to fly 11 aircraft types, and he owns about 6 of them), and shared rehab (renovation) and property management stories, and basically had a jolly good chat. We also discussed my plans for the property I was interested in, and he gave me what I'm sure was some excellent advice.

After we'd said goodbye, my agent told me that Bob owned fifty-nine thousand - yep, 59,000 - apartments. Let me say that again. FIFTY NINE THOUSAND. These were on around 400 titles, so an average 150-ish apartments per complex (they do things big over there). I remember thinking that it couldn't be true, that it must be an urban legend. But I did some sums and even if the units were all in the DFW area, it has a population of 6M and this would still represent only a small portion - ~ 2% - of the housing stock. And some of his holdings were in other cities and states, so I believe it's quite possibly true.

His "oil investments" turned out to be oil wells, which he owned in entirety, including some wells in the famous urban oilfields in the centre of Los Angeles. He'd bought up a "handful" of oil wells during some period in the 60s or 70s when they were going for a song - they've done rather nicely for him. ;) He modestly said they gave him some "pocket money".

When I hear stories like that I think: "What would I have to do to find a mentor like that?"

When I hear stories like that I think: "What would I have to do to find a mentor like that?"
The good news is that we can learn something from everybody we meet. :) Even those who might have experienced spectacular "failures" can teach us virtues such as patience, detachment, humility, and resilience.

And I find that people who are enthusiastic to learn, tend to have an easier time finding people who are enthusiastic to teach. :cool:

Having said that, Bob was pretty bloody amazing, and I know exactly what you're saying. ;)

The good news is that we can learn something from everybody we meet. :) Even those who might have experienced spectacular "failures" can teach us virtues such as patience, detachment, humility, and resilience.

And I find that people who are enthusiastic to learn, tend to have an easier time finding people who are enthusiastic to teach. :cool:

Having said that, Bob was pretty bloody amazing, and I know exactly what you're saying. ;)

Very true Ozperp

Something I'm fond of saying

FarSide_gifted.jpg

Back